Job title: Insights Director – Advertising Business
Job description: We are seeking an experienced leader to own the strategy and execution of insights to guide key decisions for our billion-dollar advertising business. You will lead a successful 15+ and growing team of data scientists, economists, researchers, product owners and analytics engineers and help Spotify deliver first-class promotional products for our advertisers across both music and podcasts.
What You’ll Do
- As a Director of Insights for Advertising Business, you will work closely with sales, marketing and business leaders to define and implement a healthy and dynamic insights strategy that helps define the business vision and guide key decisions
- You will lead and support a highly engaged team of data scientists, economists, analytics engineers, product owners and researchers to set focus, strategy and priorities that maximize the influence and impact of insights for the advertising business
- You will promote robust data science practices and processes and ensure scalability, performance, and high quality of work your team delivers
- You will develop people and teams through coaching, mentoring, and management support
- You will communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to partners at the Director, VP and Executive levels
- You will collaborate with insight partners across the organization and contribute to the wider data science practice.
Who You Are
- A min of 10+ years of data science experience within Ad Tech
- You have a min of 5+ years of experience leading large data science teams with a business or monetization focus (financial planning, forecasting, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, dynamic pricing, and inventory management)
- A BS or higher degree in statistics, mathematics, machine learning, computer science, or similar field
- You understand how to create strategic alignment with multiple business partners at various levels throughout Spotify
- You are able to translate strategy to concrete execution plans, staffing and organizational structure while also being accountable for the results of those plans
- You have demonstrated proven experience as a people manager for a data science organization. You love developing and growing people and have a track record doing it
- You have the technical competence and leadership skills to coach team members in appropriate methodologies, communication style, and technical solutions needed
- You are pragmatic and can make tough decisions quickly
- You are capable of saying no if needed
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced
to give you more options! * While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 23:09:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!