Job title: Installation & Repair Technician – Telecommunications
Job description: Hill Country Telephone Cooperative, Inc. (HCTC) of is looking to hire a full-time Outside Plant Installation & Repair Technician. If you’d like to live in the beautiful Texas Hill Country and take your career to the next level with an established, community-minded telecommunication provider, please read on!
This position earns a competitive salary commensurate with education and experience. We also offer extremely attractive health benefits for the entire family, including medical, vision and dental. Life and disability insurance, a pension and 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, generous paid time off (PTO), tuition reimbursement and low-cost internet services are also offered.
Established as a cooperative in 1951 to furnish telephone service in the overlooked rural areas of the Hill Country, we now provide these beautiful smaller cities and rural areas with high-speed broadband and telecommunication services. We have a vision of connected, vibrant, and sustainable rural communities, contributing to a prosperous, equitable, and thriving society. Committed to our customers and communities, we are transparent, fair, and honest.
Our employees love that a career with us provides them with the ability to do challenging work while meeting the communications needs of their friends, neighbors, and business community. In addition to work they can feel good about, we offer our valued employees competitive pay, generous benefits, opportunities for career development, and a positive work culture.
What to expect as an HCTC Outside Plant Technician
As an Outside Plant Technician, you play a critical role in keeping customers connected to the world through high speed broadband and phone services. The ability to perform skilled technical duties relating to the installation and maintenance of telecommunications outside plant facilities and services as well as the ability to install, maintain and service CPE is essential. The proven ability to perform maintenance and provisioning activities regarding access network electronics, rectifiers, batteries, and OSP electronics cabinets is necessary.
Additional job functions are listed here:
- Installation and maintain customer premises equipment (CPE) local area networks (LAN) and WiFi networks, including DSL routers and premise Hubs
- Install and maintain network interface devices (NID) and Optical Network Terminals (ONT)
- Perform skilled troubleshooting on both copper and fiber optic cable to the demarcation point and beyond including CPE
- Perform tests, provision, and replace access equipment, batteries, rectifiers, other to maintain service at concentrator locations
- Operate aerial lift equipped (bucket) company vehicle
- Climb poles where access is unavailable
Qualifications for an Outside Plant Technician:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in telephony or telecommunications network installation & repair required
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry test and locating equipment required
- Basic knowledge of electricity, fiber optic theory, telephone, xDSL and Network installation & maintenance required
- Class A Texas Commercial Driver’s License required (or ability to acquire within six months from date of hire)
- Pole Climbing Certification required (or ability to acquire within six months from date
Do you have experience and skill in telecommunications installation? Are you a multi-tasking individual who enjoys a fast paced, team environment? Are you courteous, tactful, and enjoy personal interaction? If so, you might just be perfect for this Outside Plant Technician position!
This is a full-time position that typically works 40 hours per week with an on-call rotation providing after hours and weekend support as needed.
Ready to join our team?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Expected salary: $47000 – 66000 per year
Location: Kerrville, TX
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 02:16:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!