Job title: Instrumentation Technician
Job description: Description
Novaspect, Inc., an Emerson Impact Partner, the global leader of automation systems and solutions, is currently offering an opportunity for an experienced Instrumentation & Control Technician in our fast paced, customer oriented Field Services team. The Instrumentation & Control Technician will work with our sales force and project teams in the development, delivery, on-going maintenance and optimization of our state of the art process control solutions for our industrial customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include participating with our customers in:
- Identification, solution development, and consulting in relation to customer process control instrumentation and equipment issues.
- Troubleshooting failed instruments and equipment.
- Developing a solution to resolve any problems.
- Replacing/installing instrumentation and equipment.
- Process control instrumentation and equipment startup.
- Verifying, troubleshooting and resolving instrumentation and equipment communications.
- Inspecting instrument wiring, power and grounding of installation.
- Setting up instruments with Hart 475 field communicator
- Work with onsite installation crew.
- Installing and calibrating flow measurement equipment.
- Providing automation system design.
- Providing management of onsite control project installation and startup activities, including construction supervision and supplier coordination.
- Maintenance training.
- Providing process control instrument and equipment phone support.
- Effective and prompt response to customer request or inquiries.
- Providing clear and effective documentation of services provided to customers.
- Meeting project team commitments and deadlines.
- Traveling to customer facilities.
Education and/or Experience:
- Technical Degree or Certification in electrical or instrumentation discipline
- 2+ years of experience in the industrial automation and instrumentation field
- Familiarity with Rosemont, Micro Motion, ROC, Floboss, Bettis, and Fisher
- Experience programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley PLCs and/or ABB Systems
- Familiar with calibrating measurement instrumentation.
- Ability to write control system code in ladder logic or functional sequence tables
- Familiarity with TCP/IP, networking fundamentals, Modbus, RS232/485, and Hart communications
- Experience managing customer projects and working independently
- Current driver’s license
- Participate in on-call rotation with existing technical staff
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Company vehicle, cell phone and tools provided
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects/tools
- Ability to work with hand tools
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to stoop, crawl and crouch while working on equipment on hands and knees
- Ability to work on your feet for 8 hours per day
- Ability to work in a loud industrial environment
- Comfortable working around industrial equipment with exposed moving parts
- Ability to climb stairs (up to 20 flights per day)
- Ability to climb a 20 ft. ladder
- Ability to work with up to 480 volts
- Ability to drive on average 3-4 hours in a day
- Ability to drive 8 hours as needed in a day – although not typical
- Ability to work in high and cold temperature environments for extended hours
Location: Williston, ND
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:48:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!