Job title: Insurance Verification Specialist
Company: Southern Sports Medicine Partner DBA Partnercare
Job description: Job Summary: The Insurance Verification Specialist verifies insurance coverage for new patients, referrals and updates information for existing patients.
- Verify insurance information for new patients and referrals.
- Update insurance information for existing patients
- Call to obtain pre-authorization for recommended services and procedures.
- Explain to patients their financial responsibilities.
- Inform relevant clinical staff about denials.
- Answer questions related to billing and insurance.
- Make appropriate documentation in the patient account.
- Monitor approved visit number.
- Obtain authorization renewals, as necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Knowledge of CPT codes and basic medical terminology (preferred)
- Two or more years of experience in medical office.
- Knowledge of HIPPAA requirements regarding patient confidentiality
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Walking, Standing, Bending, Reaching and Pulling
Location: Macon, GA
Job date: Fri, 24 Jun 2022 07:00:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!