Job title: Interface Engineer in Information Technology Department
Company: Piedmont HealthCare
Job description: The Interface Engineer is responsible for the design, development and support of all interfaces between Piedmont HealthCare’s clinical, administrative and financial systems. The Interface Engineer is an experience individual who understands clinical data in its many different file formats, interface engine workflow, data transformation and the software development life cycle. In addition to strong analysis and development capabilities, he/she must demonstrate the ability to independently write interface specifications, test plans and documentation. This position reports directly to the Director of Information Technology.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing and maintaining bi-directional HL7 v2 interfaces Piedmont HealthCare’s certified applications and other systems, as well as outside entities (hospitals, HIEs, labs, etc.).
- Implementing and maintaining custom XML interfaces.
- Implementing and maintaining custom batch file drops from participants into Piedmont HealthCare.
- Analyzing interface requirements and writing technical interface specifications and documentation.
- Writing interface data transformations.
- Creating test messages, scripts and interface testing documentation.
Education – Associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Science with four years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree with three years of experience
Experience – Minimum 5 years experience in application software design and development, including at least six months experience with healthcare integration. Experience with Rhapsody Integration Engine is strongly preferred, but not strictly necessary. Fluency with the HL7 v2 file format both ADT and clinical messages. A thorough understanding of how interface projects work. Experience with CCD and C-CDA document exchange. Knowledge of X12 file formats a plus. Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Statesville, NC
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 01:20:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!