Job title: Intern Engineering – Quality
Company: Parker Hannifin
Job description: Job Description
With direct supervision, responsible for participating in the Parker quality engineering intern development program to learn the various aspects of the quality function at Parker Hannifin. This includes participation in inspections, audits, creating and maintianing process and quality documentation, failure analysis, corrective action and lean continuous improvement initiatives to improve cost, quality and performance of Parker Hose Products.
- Assist quality team with machine capability studies
- Ensure process capability is maintained
- Help implement scrap/rework reduction projects
- Design and implement error proofing devices
- Program CMM for new parts
- Assist in development of SPC programs
- Improve gaging standardization in machining areas of facility
- May initiate appropriate corrective action to resolve quality problems, of internal or external sources, with direction from QA Engineer / Manager.
- Assist in and/or coordinate ISO Internal Audits Procedures and Process Audits.
- Must be able to read accurately gauges, prints, part identification, specifications, and procedures
- Assist in PFMEAs, control plans and process improvements.
- Perform Receiving Audits in accordance with applicable procedures, standards and instructions.
- Perform MSA’s, gauge R&R studies, maintain calibration records and service / control gage inventory.
- Generate inspection reports, make dispositions, and maintain database.
- Perform containment procedures and maintain hold area.
- Perform process capability studies and reports.
- Setup, maintain and report on SPC program.
- Perform gage setups for production processes.
- Perform 1st article inspections for supplier and customer PPAPs.
- Detect and report problems or unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Perform line inspections when necessary.
- Maintain departmental records.
- Actively participate in Parker’s “Lean” initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications * College Sophomore or higher working towards a degree in engineering, business or a related field.
- Previous experience in quality or inspection preferred
- APQP Training preferred
- ASQC Certification preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills including public and small group settings.
- Must be able to accurately read gauges, prints, part identification, specifications, and procedures.
- Lift and transport baskets of parts weighing no more than 45 lbs.
- Must be able to bend over, lift, and move parts for the entire shift.
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Location: Manitowoc, WI
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:00:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!