Job title: Intern – Legal – LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation
Job description: Around the globe, LexisNexis positions provide the opportunity to shape a better world where the rule of law increases peace, prosperity, and justice. If you are looking for an opportunity with a bigger purpose, look no further! Check out the exciting new opportunities to join our team as a Legal Intern.
This intern position assists the Vice President & Treasurer, LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation, and others, in organizing the charitable registrations and renewals for LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation from across the United States into a comprehensive and searchable digital reference system able to be utilized by a global team. The candidate will be responsible for coordinating with colleagues from LexisNexis Rule of Law Foundation, LexisNexis Legal & Professional, Reed Elsevier Philippines (REPH), and external partners on an as needed basis. Legal Intern will work to communicate activities and processes to and from the REPH team to assist in turning the individual state processes into a cohesive and replicable system
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree with enrollment in an accredited law school.
- Proficiency in working with Excel, and Word.
- Capacity of learning to use and become proficient in Net Docs.
- Excellent writing, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Interest in advancing the rule of law a requisite.
What you’ll do:
- Scan compiled paper charitable registration and renewal documents to create digital records
- Rename records according to a naming protocol, to be determined with other interested parties, and arrange and fill digital folders with documents in Net Docs.
- Collect relevant critical reference information into separate files for use in responding to renewals across the states.
- Protect passwords and IDs for logging onto charitable renewal sites while also allowing authorized personnel to access information.
Documents related to current charitable registrations digitized and organized by state and topic in Net Docs. Charitable renewals for 2020 completed, extensions for FY 2021 filings successfully obtained. REPH team have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding to take over from Legal Intern at the end of the project.
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited university; and
- Enrollment in law school.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact [email protected] or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Location: Washington DC
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 02:06:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!