Job title: Investment Banking Associate – Leveraged Finance
Company: Société Générale
Job description: Responsibilities
Transaction execution and Due Diligence
- Provide support in execution of leveraged finance transactions for financial sponsors and corporate clients
- Execute under the supervision of an MD, Director or Vice President all aspects of a financing, including financial modeling (primarily for leveraged buyouts), due diligence process, credit analysis, credit approval process, drafting of financing proposals
- Credit Analysis. Assist in the production of credit papers and presentations.
- Syndication: Assist in the syndication process, including drafting of syndication materials for investors and ratings agencies and interacting with investors
- Due Diligence: Assist with due diligence, including the accurate screening and analysis of all publicly available, data room, and third-party information, filings and reports.
- Assist in the monitoring of portfolio companies post-closing in cooperation with the middle-office department
- Work with the senior bankers to manage the relationship and monitor performance of portfolio companies
- Develop and maintain marketing materials promoting Société Générale Corporate & Investment Banking and leveraged finance and support the development and delivery of pitches to financial sponsors and corporate clients on specific transactions
- Pitching. Assist the senior bankers in creating marketing presentations to position the bank to identify and generate new revenue and cross-selling opportunities and secure new financing mandates.
- Ensure that all KYC, compliance procedures, checklists and funding grids are adhered to and completed.
- For transaction closings, ensure that administrative instructions are properly communicated, documented and disseminated and funds flows are accurately completed.
- Assist with the training and development of Analysts in becoming competent and productive deal team members;
- Contribute to and promote a positive working environment; be an advocate of the bank and a positive role model.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (in leveraged finance, investment banking or related fields)
- Experience with three-statement financial modeling, including detailed operating builds and capital structure scenarios
- Knowledge of corporate finance valuation and financial accounting concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated work ethic, positive attitude, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Series 7/79 and Series 63 certifications and formal credit training a plus
Required: Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University
Desired: French, Spanish, and/or Portuguese
At Société Générale, we live by our 4 core values of commitment, responsibility, team spirit and innovation. We are engaged and demonstrate consideration for others. We act ethically and with courage. We focus our talent and energy on collective success. We experiment and propose new ideas. This way, we maximize our ability to serve client needs and anticipate market changes. Société Générale is committed to strengthening bonds with colleagues, communities and the world in which we live, because relationships are at the heart of how we operate.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 15 May 2022 06:38:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!