Job title: Investment & Corporate Banking – Real Estate, Associate
Company: Mizuho Bank
Job description: Investment and Corporate Banking – Real Estate, Associate, Job Description
Seeking an Investment and Corporate Banking Associate to join the Real Estate Team.
The Associate/Analyst role is to support a team that advises real estate companies and sponsors on capital raises in the public and private markets, strategic endeavors and partnerships and optimal capital structure. In addition to the advisory role, this team acts as a lender to the real estate client base and is also responsible for cross selling real estate clients on the full suite of Mizuho core products (in particular across the equity and debt spectrum).
Expectations of the Associate include:
- Become an expert in the real estate sector and in particular this group’s core specialization within real estate (Healthcare, Multi-family& Single-Family Rental, Industrial and Data Centers).
- Follow industry trends and client developments
- Become an expert in capital markets and the financial products real estate companies utilize to support their strategy and growth
- Conduct extensive research and analysis to support projects and advisory efforts
- Financial modeling, valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, Advisory and Capital Markets
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transactions, due diligence and execution
- Assist in the development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Maintain internal databases to track comps, deal flow, capital markets
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Economics or a minimum of 1-3-years corporate finance and capital markets experience
- Candidate MUST have experience in the Real Estate industry sector (academic or work related)
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency with FactSet, CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office
- Series 79 & 63 will be required at hire or soon thereafter
In accordance with New York City law, employees based in Mizuho’s New York City office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation has been approved). Mizuho has in place a pilot remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 07:44:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!