Job title: Investment & Corporate Banking – Real Estate, Vice President
Company: Mizuho Bank
Job description: Investment & Corporate Banking – Real Estate, Vice President
Mizuho’s Banking Division provides corporate and investment banking coverage, sponsor coverage, advisory and solutions and loan capital markets/syndicate to Mizuho’s client base of leading international corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities in the US and Canada.
Banking supports client business activities throughout the region with an extensive range of capital markets and lending capabilities and an integrated team of coverage, advisory and product bankers responsible for client relationship management and strategic transaction development to execute banking and securities mandates and originate idea generation for potential acquisitions, divestitures and investment opportunities.
Seeking an Investment and Corporate Banking Vice President/Senior Associate to join our Real Estate Team.
U.S. Investment Banking VP’s are directly involved in the design, origination, structuring and execution of mergers & acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets, leveraged finance and other global products and services for existing and prospective Mizuho clients. A VP is expected to understand the implications, identify key industry and product trends and provide input on pitch and deal materials to enhance the ultimate deliverable to our clients.
VP’s are assigned to a variety of projects and are given a broad range of responsibilities, some of which include:
- Development and continued cultivation of client relationships
- Conduct extensive quantitative economic, industry and company research and analysis
- Draft and prepare pitch books with detailed industry materials for multiple Real Estate sectors – Current role is focused on Healthcare, Residential, Multi-family and Industrial sectors.
- Conduct and model a broad range of financial alternatives and due diligence for client transactions including M&A, strategic alternatives, capital structure development, acquisition finance and syndicated loan and capital market financing
- Strong focus on Financial modeling for valuation, comparable & relative value analyses and market-specific analysis
- Facilitate and coordinate product group idea generation and solutions development across a broad platform of global capabilities
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including M&A, public/private debt & equity capital markets, syndicated bank financing, and other internal documentation by coordinating internal and external resources
- Assist in financing structuring, underwriting transaction evaluation, preparation, due diligence and execution
- Knowledge of retail real estate a plus
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Economics or a minimum of 4-5 year Real Estate corporate finance and capital markets experience
- Investment banking, corporate finance, and capital markets experience with a top tier global bank OR an MBA in concentrating on Finance or Economics and a minimum of 3 years of investment banking experience
- Strong interest and understanding of the Real Estate industry
- Knowledge of corporate finance, securities, financial markets and risk & pricing analysis
- Aptitude to synthesize large amounts of information and develop innovative ideas and/or product solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Maturity and good judgement in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to convey ideas
- Creativity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work independently and must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- Advanced proficiency with FactSet, CapitalIQ, Bloomberg, Microsoft Office
- Series 79 & 63 will be required at hire or soon thereafter
- Provide GMAT / ACT / SAT score
In accordance with New York City law, employees based in Mizuho’s New York City office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation has been approved). Mizuho has in place a pilot remote working program, with varying opportunities for remote work depending on the nature of the role, needs of your department, as well as local laws and regulatory obligations.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Location: New York City, NY
Job date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 03:27:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!