Job title: IT Business Consultant – Remote from any US, Eastern or Central time zone location Information Technology
Company: CNO Financial Group
Job description: Description
Position at CNO Financial Group, Inc.
CNO’s IT team is hiring an IT Business Consultant to, participate in and/or leads efforts for moderate to complex projects and/or assignments to define business requirements and analyze business problems or opportunities, under limited direction. The role collaborates with business stakeholders, Business Relationship Directors (BRD’s), Business/Systems Analysts, Solution Architects, Product Owners, etc. and leads the definition of the scope of projects / releases, development of requirement documents, use cases, activity diagrams, flowcharts, and supplemental specifications to describe the application requirements to support the project scope. The role also independently evaluates new applications and system requirements. This role acts as a primary liaison between IT and business units for scoping, estimation and solutioning of new systems or system enhancements.
As an IT Business Consultant, your responsibilities will include:
- Independently evaluates business technology requests of moderate complexity and leads / conducts analysis needed to define the scope, sizing and requirements to implement business technology requests.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements.
- Works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, organize, evaluate and validate requirements for changes to business processes and information systems.
- Documents detailed business requirements and/or user stories for new or existing systems. Reviews business requirements, data and system integration needs with various business and technology stakeholders with an eye to realize an end to end business workflow
- Leads requirements gathering sessions for scope definition, To Be state process flows, data feeds and/or integrations, as applicable
- Analyzes and documents user requirements, program functions, and tasks required to define or modify information systems. Creates User Stories as necessary to explain the business purpose and intent for an IT development team
- Fosters business relationships vital to the success of respective programs in one or more business domains or lines of business typically acting as a subject matter expert (SME) and negotiating on behalf a business leader/Product Owner
- Prepares audience appropriate communications and presentations related to business systems, processes, and analysis performed.
- Independently leads moderately to complex projects with limited support, develops process maps, conceptual design specifications and use case artifacts. Provides work estimates for Business Requirements efforts.
The IT Business Consultant position is well-suited for you if you:
- Demonstrated experience working in a similar role supporting scalable enterprise business applications.
- Is adept at business requirements gathering, analysis and product evaluation.
- Exhibit solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to explain complex information tailored to the audience with the goal of building consensus on a go forward plan.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a project team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Show a strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities. Ability to successfully complete tasks while navigating sensitive topics and team dynamics.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Technology or a related field.
- At least 5 years of related work experience as a Systems Analyst, Business Analyst or IT Consultant that has implemented scalable, external-facing web-based solutions.
- Strong experience utilizing multiple requirements elicitation techniques.
- At least 2 years of Agile delivery experience including but not limited to business analysis certification, Agile certification (i.e. Scrum Master, Product Owner) is strongly preferred.
- Prior knowledge of Policy Administration systems for Life & Annuity related policies is preferred.
- Curious mindset who focuses on understanding the “why” behind business requirements with the ability to apply creative thinking negotiating with the end customer to realize desired outcomes.
At this time, CNO is not mandating its associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. However, this is an evolving situation, in the future CNO may require its associates to be vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodations required by applicable law.
Currently, all CNO Financial Group offices are closed due to the ongoing pandemic. Upon reopening, we will be pursuing a hybrid working model. Associates who live within a 60-mile radius of a corporate office (Birmingham, Carmel, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee) will have access to come into that Office up to 2 days/week, and work from home at least 3 days/week. This role is full time work from home (WFH), also known as Remote. This role can be performed from any US based location within the central or eastern time zone. Work cannot be performed from outside of the United States.
CNO provides life and health insurance, annuities, financial services, and workforce benefits solutions through our family of brands and supported by our associates and agents. Our customers work hard to save for the future, and we help protect their health, income and retirement needs with 3.2 million policies and more than $35 billion in total assets. Our 3,400 associates, 8,600 exclusive agents and independent partner agents guide individuals, families and businesses through a lifetime of financial decisions.
We are financially strong and well positioned for continued growth, and we are grounded in our core values of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I); Integrity, Customer Focus, Excellence, and Teamwork. We have offices in more than 260 communities in the U.S., including our headquarters in Carmel, Indiana, and corporate offices in Birmingham, Chicago, Philadelphia, Orlando and Milwaukee.
At CNO Financial Group, we’re always looking forward-to the security and stability we help create for our insurance brands’ customers, and the growth we create within our own company. We’re looking for ambitious people who want to do more. We’ll provide you with opportunities to grow your skills through challenging professional experiences.
If you’re looking for a culture that encourages development, helps you reach your potential, and rewards you for your contribution, then CNO Financial Group is right for you. For more information, visit CNOinc.com.
CNO Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. For more information, please click the following link:
As you explore job openings at CNO, please keep in mind that CNO will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And CNO will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a CNOinc.com or BankerLife.com email address.
If you receive an email purporting to be from CNO that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please contact law enforcement and report the email to
Location: Carmel, IN – Chicago, IL
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 23:53:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!