Job title: IT NETWORK AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS – JOURNEY
Company: Washington State
Job description: Description
Candidate evaluation will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time; therefore, it will be to the applicant’s advantage to submit application materials as soon as possible.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
About the Agency:
The Washington State Patrol actively supports Diversity, Equity, Inclusion in the workplace, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The WSP strives to create and foster an inclusive culture inspiring everyone to be their authentic selves, speak openly, and be courageous. The WSP continues to focus on equitable hiring, training, and promotional practices and policies through innovative recruitment and retention solutions. Partnering with our communities helps the WSP provide the best in public safety services now and into the future. About the Division:
The Electronic Services Division provides statewide public safety telecommunications, land mobile radio, microwave, and engineering services to the WSP, its partner agencies, and customers. We sustain and enhance agency infrastructure and business processes, by improving collaboration outcomes between WSP business and technology divisions, using consistent planning processes, increasing business continuity capabilities, and providing quality communication services.
Come join our Team and learn about the position:
This positions primary support objective is for the Firearms Background Division (FBD) with secondary support to the agency production network and is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, administration, and repair of the physical network infrastructure and WAN/LAN connections inside WSP facilities. Support of these facilities range from 8 X 5 day work week to 24 X 7 operational support.
This is what you’ll do:
You will perform quality assurance, troubleshooting, fault isolation, problem resolution, change management, documentation, service mapping, monitoring, and consulting as needed. As a Journey level specialist in the assigned area of responsibility and as a team member, you will apply advanced technical knowledge to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex data network transport issues such as routing, switch, and telephonic requirements. This position interacts with vendors, project managers, business partners, and customers both inside and outside the agency.
- Design and maintenance of the physical network, VoIP, and network security infrastructure with primary emphasis to support WSP Firearms Background Division occupied building spaces.
- Designing, implementing, managing and troubleshooting the network transport connectivity between all WSP facilities and the State Data Center and Quincy Data Center.
- Design and maintenance of the physical wireless infrastructure within WSP controlled building spaces.
- Supporting the network related server and network appliance systems which monitor and manage the WSP network.
- Holding routine, scheduled meetings with our primary network vendors so that this person/position can remain current and informed on equipment model or technology changes.
- Working collaboratively with the Network Engineering Supervisor, Data Center Network Engineer, the Network Security Engineer, Network VoIP Engineer, and ITD technical staff to help develop the strategic technology roadmap and guide the IT Network architecture.
- High school graduation, GED, or equivalent education.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid, unrestricted Washington State driver’s license
- Three years of IT Network & Telecoms – Entry experience in an enterprise organization utilizing a Cisco network environment, preferably in data transport and security.
One year may be substituted for a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certificate.
Top Candidates will have the following experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or a closely related field of IT engineering.
- Three years of IT Network & Telecoms – Journey experience in an enterprise organization utilizing a Cisco network environment, preferably supporting 24×7 critical data transport and security systems.
*Current Resume and Cover Letter are required.*
To see supplemental information about working for our agency, please click this .
Please contact Melodie Wulfekuhle at (360) 704-2307 or .
Check us out on:
Expected salary: $6354 – 8336 per month
Location: Olympia, WA
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 02:07:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!