Job title: Junior Designer – Structural Engineering
Job description: At SOM, we are a collective committed to shaping a better future for our clients, communities and planet. We aspire to create the most sustainable, impactful work through creative, interdisciplinary teams with all the resources and diversity of a global firm. We value those who are passionate about excellence, innovation, integrity, inclusivity, and collaboration. Together we can achieve great things.
Success at SOM Means
- Ideas: We believe in a meritocracy of ideas. We look to everyone to actively contribute to the discourse in the firm.
- Knowledge: We believe that expertise is the result of lifelong learning. We are not expected to know everything, but rather to passionately pursue answers, develop new skills and deepen our knowledge.
- Product: We strive for excellence in the concept, quality, and delivery of our work.
- Individual: We value individuals who bring the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity in the way they work. Each person can develop and contribute their wealth of attributes, skills and knowledge to support the overall health of the firm.
- Team: We value the power of interdisciplinary integration. A positive team culture in which everyone collaborates openly towards common goals is essential.
- Firm: We have a history of making transformative contributions to the profession and our communities. We are constantly innovating and attempting to bring new approaches, solutions and processes to our work.
- Assists in preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general and
- engineering problems.
- Checks and coordinates details and dimensions.
- Computes and compiles structural engineering data from prescribed sources;
- Organizes own work efforts.
- Provides independent general drafting work relating to more complicated areas of the
- Reviews shop drawing and product submittals for general conformance with the structural
- engineering documents.
- Manages time and workload to meet project task deadlines and commitments with regular
- interaction and direction from project leaders.
- Exhibits initiative, process innovation, problem solving, and decision quality with a high
- attention to precision and accuracy at a task specific level.
- Actively collaborates at a project team level by critically and constructively evaluating
- Effectively communicates internally through timely and appropriate written, oral, and visual
- Master’s degree in Structural Engineering;
- Limited experience in structural analysis, drafting, and design development;
- Demonstrates general knowledge of materials, detailing and construction techniques related
- to structural engineering principles, and codes.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM’s employment policy and how to apply offline:
For more about SOM:
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:30:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!