Job title: Junior Manager – Finance and Integrations
Company: Protos Security, LLC
Job description: Company: Security Services Holdings LLC
Location: Norwalk, CT or Remote
Job Title: Junior Manager – Finance and Integrations
Reports to: Corporate Controller
Security Services Holdings and its subsidiaries provide technology enabled end-to-end security guard management services across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. The company, headquartered in Norwalk, CT, has offices in New York, NY, Katy, TX, Philadelphia, PA, Cherry Hill, NJ, Daleville, VA, and Charleston, SC, is an emerging leader in the security service sector. Superior management processes combined with the security guard industry’s best technology ensures better service and measurable cost savings.
This position is primarily responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Perform and document in depth “as-is” process mapping coupled with required process improvements for immediate/medium and future terms
- Produce comprehensive narratives for finance and accounting processes
- Document the future state processes for all finance and accounting processes
- Integrate newly acquired subsidiary companies onto existing financial software platforms
- ERP conversion and additional add-ons
- Consolidation and reporting software
- Banking conversion and field audits
- Data analytics tool
- Human Capital Management (HCM) conversions
- Expense reporting tool
- Interfaces between Salesforce and various systems
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Ensure tax compliance
- Accurate data migration from legacy systems to go-forward systems for all aforementioned systems
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Work with finance and accounting teams to ensure that monthly reporting is completed timely and accurately
- Construct budgets for newly acquired entities
- Ensure that monthly results are properly reported in the reporting and consolidation tool
- Assist subsidiary companies with questions and resolve issues
- Establish intercompany processes where necessary
- Coordinate the intercompany process with subsidiary Companies
- Resolves accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensures accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses by means of reviewing key calculations and accruals at subsidiary companies
- Reconciles and analyzes on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments, and future revenues
- Analyzes financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited four-year college or university in Accounting and/or Finance; 4-6+ years of related experience; CPA desired.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage Intacct preferred); Reporting and Consolidations Software (Adaptive preferred); Payroll Systems (ADP Workforce Now); Spreadsheet Software (Excel) intermediate/high level; Word Processing Software (Word); Presentation Software (PowerPoint); Visio Proprietary Software.
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle work-related stress is required.
- Remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Detail oriented while maintaining an extremely positive attitude.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimum supervision.
- Recognize problems, identify possible causes, and resolve routine problems.
- Team player with a “can do” attitude that can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work outside of regular business hours which will include nights and weekends to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting/auditing practices and economic principles, applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to travel domestically.
- Must be fully vaccinated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel
, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Health, Vision, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Paid Time Off Package
Location: Daleville, VA
Job date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 07:13:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!