Job title: LAB DEMO MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Company: Air Force Research Laboratory
Job description: Job Overview
- This job announcement will be accepting candidate submissions from (8 July 2022 and will close on 18 July 2022). Open to all U.S. Citizens. Government employees must also submit the most recent SF 50 with resume.
The AFRL Munitions Directorate (AFRL/RW), Integrations & Operations Division (RWO) seeks to hire a mid-level DO-0343-02, Management Analyst in the Manpower & Personnel Branch (RWOM) to serve as Lab DEMO Management Analyst, Eglin AFB in Valparaiso, Florida. The ideal candidate will have a broad base of experience in multiple Human Resources-related assignments to include, 1. Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, policies, guidance, and procedures pertaining to recruitment and placement, such as civilian staffing flexibilities and qualification standards and military assignment processes. 2. Advising management on a variety of complex technical issues concerning all phases of hiring (civilian and military), merit promotion, position management and other organizational placement requirements. 3. Applying pay setting regulations and determining salaries for Lab Demo employees. 4. Applying qualification standards and employment regulations to ensure management advisory recommendations comply with both OPM, AF and AFRL regulations. 5. Developing rating factors and assessment plans for Lab Demo announcements and 6. Reviewing and qualifying DHA and EHA applicants and extending job offers.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing OPM, DoD, AF, AFMC and/or AFRL guidance and instructions, advises & provides counsel to managers and/or employees on difficult and complex personnel issues encompassing areas of concern including but not limited to leave and absences; hours of work; past practices, applicable bargaining obligations; training; honorary & incentive awards; supervisory records; code of ethics; Family Medical Leave Act; Office of Workers Compensation; Employee Assistance Program; drug & alcohol abuse; grievances/complaints/appeals; various adverse actions; workforce shaping; surplus; DPMAP; CCS; military personnel; physically restricted employees
- Provides guidance & input to managers on proper position mgmt & classification of new/revised lab demo positions.
- Determines basic eligibility & quals for DHA/EHA recruitment actions and recommends recruiting sources, staffing support/guidance for non-DHA/EHA recruitment actions.
- Advises mgrs on pay through analysis of past fill actions, bureau of labor statistics data, & organizational-wide data in comparison to AFRL-wide data for Lab Demo positions.
- Reviews/validates the structure and/or functions of organizations, to include reorganizations and manpower shifts, and advises or proposes personnel solutions to mgmt to maximize mission accomplishment and utilization of resources for both bargaining and nonbargaining unit positions.
- Collects and analyzes pertinent organizational workload data & info to quantify and justify resources requirements; develops statistical & narrative data to justify any changes and/or recommendations.
- Routinely retrieves info from HR databases to monitor manning levels & shifting of authorizations.
- Advises management on personnel matters that may involve sensitive issues as a result of adverse actions on personnel and/or removal/involuntary separation of personnel.
- Prepares and presents briefings to managers on personnel issues and management advisory studies, and provides recommendations
Yes, this position is eligible for telework opportunities; as determined by agency policy
Remote Work (CONUS)
No, this position is not approved for remote work.
Remote Work (Multiple Potential Duty Locations): The duty location for this position can be at the below Duty Locations. Telework options can be negotiated and implemented after entrance on duty
Eglin AFB, FL
Maximum Telework Flexibilities: The duty location for this position is listed below, however, this position is eligible for maximum telework flexibilities. Telework options can be negotiated and implemented after entrance on duty.
Eglin AFB, FL
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have at least one year of specialized experience at the DR/DO-01/GS-11 or equivalent grade level.
- This position is not Acquisition coded position
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a Federal job announcement includes the requirement that applicants must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, travel restrictions, screening testing, and restriction from the workplace.
- Broad base of experience in multiple Human Resources-related assignment
- Civilian and military personnel
- RPAs, staffing, classification, etc
- UMD management
- Employee and Labor relations
- HR tools/systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Yello Announcement #22216
Expected salary: $78340 – 123013 per year
Location: Valparaiso, FL
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 06:50:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!