Job title: Law Clerk/Paralegal
Company: First Foster Consulting LLC
Job description: Environmental Litigation Group, PC is currently providing professional legal services to United States Attorney’s Offices (USAO) across the United States. The USAO for the Eastern District of Washington has a need for one Law Clerk/Paralegal at its Spokane, WA headquarters office to support on-going criminal prosecutions. The USAO is responsible for prosecuting all Federal criminal cases and defending the Federal Government in civil actions in the Eastern part of Washington.
The United States Attorney’s Office is responsible for representing the federal government in virtually all litigation involving the United States in the Eastern District of Washington. This includes all criminal prosecutions for violations of federal law, civil lawsuits by and against the government, and actions to collect judgments and restitution on behalf of victims and taxpayers. This position will support AUSAs in fulfilling the Office’s mission of building a safe and strong Eastern Washington community and representing the United States in federal court with determination, professionalism, and integrity.
- Responsibilities include conducting legal research and drafting pleadings, discovery documents and legal memoranda dealing with a variety of federal criminal and civil issues.
- Assist AUSAs in preparing for court hearings, meetings with opposing counsel, depositions, settlement conferences, client meetings, and other events that occur in the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- Assist AUSAs in litigating cases in federal district and appellate courts covering a broad spectrum of issues including civil and criminal enforcement of federal laws and defense of federal agency actions under a variety of tort, environmental, constitutional, and administrative laws.
- Under the supervision of AUSAs, participate in court hearings, moot courts, and other events that support the litigation work of the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
- The law clerk/paralegal will be capable of working 40 hours per week (excluding Federal holidays) between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Up to 10 hours of overtime may be required per week.
- Minimum education is a JD degree. Bar admission is not required.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Spokane, WA
Job date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 04:04:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!