Job title: Law Firm Office Manager
Company: Talantage, LLC
Job description: Position Title: Branch Office Manager
Position Grade: Exempt
The purpose of this position is manager the non-legal operations of a branch office and to do so in a manner consistent with company policies, procedures, quality, standards, customer needs and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor and other management as required. The company may need to revise or change job duties as the need arises. Please understand, this job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
- Administrative responsibilities
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to firm policies and procedures and programs of all branch office personnel in a manner consistent with the firm’s values and objectives as approved by the Management Committee.
- Day to day interaction with law firm partners, the Director of Operations and the Firm’s Director of Human Resources regarding staffing issues/workloads and the efficient utilization of timekeepers.
- Supervision of all non-attorney office personnel to include the coordination, scheduling and presentation of their annual evaluations; (this involves coordination with the supervising attorney regarding their evaluations, delivery of their evaluation, coordination with the Human Resources Manager regarding their annual compensation package.
- Maintain the security, confidentiality and integrity of all information related to the firm’s business practices and policies and procedures.
- Insure the confidentiality, security and integrity of all employee or partner information regarding compensation, counseling or other personal information.
- Constructive coaching of employees on performance or behavior issues.
- Coordination of staff coverage during vacations, sick and medical leaves of absence.
- Interviews and screens, checks references, and coordinates interviews with supervising attorney(s) for vacant office positions working in conjunction with the firm’s Human Resources Manager.
- Ensures all necessary interviewing paperwork and recordkeeping is completed in a timely manner and submitted to the Human Resources Analyst.
- Ensures all employment offers are made confidentially and new hire paperwork is completed on the employees first day and submitted in a timely manner
- Provide recommendations to the Director of Operations and the Firm’s Human Resources Manager regarding the revenue and expenditures of the branch office related to salaries, bonuses, office services, and other expenditures
- Organization and planning of staff and attorney office meetings
- Organization and coordination with the Firm’s Marketing Coordinators regarding marketing events hosted by the branch office
- Recommendation of equipment purchases/replacements to the Director of Operations.
- Provide recommendations and assistance to the Firm’s Director of Operations with regard to office spacing needs, relocations and up fits.
- Make recommendations for non-legal and legal staffing changes/additions for the office to the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain Branch Office petty cash and manual checks
- Maintain Branch Office credit card and provide receipts and detail sheet to accounting
- Cooperates with lawyers, staff, co-workers and others to accomplish the Firm’s business objectives.
- Coordinates and plans all office functions including, breakfast, lunches, holiday parties etc..
- Cooperates with co-workers
- Responds politely to internal staff, clients, vendors, etc
- Works as a member of a team
- Accepts change in a productive manner
- Performs other duties as necessary or assigned
- Employee is expected to devote as many hours per week as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- 3-5 years of direct management experience is recommended
Special skills, knowledge, abilities
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data
- Build and develop internal and external working relationships
- Must possess excellent listening skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, and pay close attention to detail
- Must be able to read and write in English and use arithmetic skills accurately to complete required daily projects
- Typing and reading on a computer
- Communicates in person, by telephone and email
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with an emphasis in excel
- Must possess ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously while working efficiently, effectively, and independently under minimal supervision
- Must also have ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Is neat with self and conducts self in a respectable, responsible, courteous manner
- May sit and stand for long periods of time
- Works inside throughout the year
- Some standing, stooping, reaching, pushing and pulling
The work environment characteristics described above are a representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 23:19:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!