Job title: Lead Manufacturing Planning Coordinator
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job description: Job Description
Job Title: Lead Manufacturing Planning Coordinator
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Production Technician will combine a strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices to reduce documentation errors and deviations while improving batch completion cycle time and on time delivery to our valued customers. (S)he will work closely with all production and quality assurance colleagues to optimize production processes.
How will you make an impact?
The Production Technician will make an impact on the organization by assuring batch records are completed according to all applicable standard operating procedures and fully within Good Documentation Practices. (S)he will help train production employees on the importance and requirements of GDP. (S)he will ensure all ERP transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner. (S)he will lead cross functional projects and initiatives to ensure on time delivery to our valued customers.
What will you do?
- Responsible for drying and testing in-process samples according to protocols and standard operating procedures.
- Complete Ownership of the In-process testing operation 24/7 rotating from A-D shift.
- Completes final reviews of production documentation (such as batch records) assuring all procedures and good documentation practices are complied with.
- Includes in process GDP review, and final review at the cold storage step or post drying.
- Collects production data from batch records to drive leading indicators for site level KPI’s.
- Includes applicable data for KPI’s, or data collection for current projects.
- Trains Production Team to complete real time batch record review on the production shop floor.
- With a core competency of GDP they’ll act as a site trainer for leadership and frontline colleagues.
- Trains Production Operators on good documentation practices in an effort to eliminate documentation errors and deviations.
- Real time coaching and developing of frontline employees to reduce GDP errors.
- Ownership of GDP error tracking process. Communication of data to production leadership.
- Leads to effort to have batch record errors corrected each day.
- Co-ownership of Open Order Review process to ensure work orders are closed weekly as scheduled.
- Completes goods issuance and labor transactions in site Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Completes applicable PM’s and Calibration Tasks.
- Ownership of raw materials required for this process.
- Maintains the supply of deionize water for production usage.
- Maintains the supply of production gowning materials.
- Supports minor continuous improvement activities.
- Authors and supports minor change controls and CAPAs.
- Completes document revisions.
- Enters maintenance corrective work requests in centralized maintenance management system.
- Trained as backup to Production Supervisor, for PTO coverage.
- Complete core supervisory tasks (Standardized Work) during PTO coverage.
- Weekly population, and Daily Management of Production Floor schedule (2501, 920, and Fine Chem)
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field (or 5 years of relevant experience).
- Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices experience.
- Batch Record review experience.
- ERP data entry experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Documentation Practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures.
- Microsoft Office and proficiency.
Manufacturing & Production
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:59:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!