Job title: LEAD MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Company: 4Front Credit Union
Job description: Description:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring and performing efficient, effective, and professional MSR operations.
- Ensures all MSR functions are correctly performed and are in accordance with established polices and standards. Ensures all security procedures are followed.
- Coordinates MSR operations by assisting in assigning work and distributing workflow.
- Answers MSR questions, solves problems, and assists with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems. Explains policies and procedures to members. Makes judgments for MSR’s (within limits of authority) pertaining to cashing and/or accepting checks or drafts.
- Investigates MSR out-of-balance conditions and institutes corrective procedures. Assists in finding balancing errors. Confirms each MSR balances at the end of each day and all monies are secured in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs MSR paying and receiving functions as required. Receives deposits and loan payments. Prepares proper receipts.
- Assists in maintaining an inventory of cashier’s checks, money orders, receipts, gift/travel cards, and other negotiable items for use in the MSR area.
- Assists with balancing the vault, ATM, and cash dispense machines.
2. Effectively oversee area personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
- Supports leadership to personnel through effective delegation and communication.
- Supports personnel are well trained, effective, and optimally used. Provides instruction regarding policy, procedure, and service and product offerings. Assists new employees.
- Provides support and suggestions for employee improvement.
- Assists and supports personnel as needed.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with branch and area personnel and with management.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Provides suggestions for improved service.
- Completes required reports and related documents promptly and accurately.
- Attends meetings as required.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Ensures work areas and equipment are clean and well maintained.
- Performs procedures for opening and closing of operations, including vault, alarm, and door duties.
- Provide replacement MSR coverage as needed.
- Performs related clerical and lending functions as required.
- Comply with the U.S. Patriot Act and the Credit Union’s Bank Secrecy and OFAC Policies and Procedures.
- Comply with the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act and the Credit Union’s Information Security program, maintaining the privacy and security of information, Systems and locations.
- MSR functions are efficiently, accurately, and effectively performed in accordance with established policies and standards.
- Security procedures are understood and adhered to by all MSR’s.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved.
- Tellers are appropriately directed, assisted, and supported.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members’ problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union’s professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Transaction levels, balancing, errors, etc. are in line with Credit Union standards.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: A thorough knowledge of MSR operations and procedures.
- Basic understanding of Credit Union operations, including opening and closing accounts, loans, IRA, HSA, and certificate procedures.
- Understanding of Credit Union philosophy.
- Knowledge of basic accounting.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of two to three years of experience as an MSR at a full-service financial institution.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Supervisory and training abilities.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Solid math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer software, and business equipment including 10-key, money counters, and telephone.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTION: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sitting and standing. Exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally.
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
- Able to interpret various instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation.
- Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs.
- Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses and good vocabulary.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Location: Traverse City, MI
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:49:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!