Job title: Lead P&C Engineer – Transmission and Substation Operations
Company: ThinkBAC Consulting
Job description: Job Description:
Lead System Protection and Controls Engineer – Major Capital T&D Operations
Austin, TX area – Hybrid Work Schedule & Relocation Assistance Available
A Transmission & Distribution Company with wide scale electrical utility infrastructure operations across Texas is going through a transformational growth phase that includes the addition of Lead P&C Engineer.
This role will be tasked with leading Major Capital T&D and Substation projects as well as building out the P&C Department long term. The incumbent will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all things P&C including the development and implementation of transmission/substation protection and controls engineering initiatives in accordance with NERC standards.
They have been around for over 70 years and offer a working environment that provides stability and career growth opportunities. The scope of their operations includes transmission (t-line), regional control centers, and distribution systems with interconnects to various renewable energy technology platforms.
The position comes with a solid compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, annual bonus, quarterly incentives, health benefits, and 401k match program in the double digits.
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Facilitates the P&C Engineering design review and specifications of transmission / substation systems
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Performs remote P&C engineering work supporting relays and RTAC operations
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Develops, analyzes, and test P&C relay settings in support of company operations
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Handles high priority RTU programming and in-house in SCADA testing initiatives
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Leads P&C commissioning, maintenance, & testing operations
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Works with compliance team on up keeping NERC and CIP Compliance standards
- The Lead P&C Engineer / Relay Protection & Controls Engineer – Has oversight of transmission and substation system firmware upgrades
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline with a focus Relay Settings and Power System Studies
- 5+ Years of Transmission Protection, P&C, and/or Substation Automation engineering experience
- Understanding of NERC Transmission Protection Standard and Compliance
- Experience developing and analyzing protective relay Settings for SEL equipment
- Hands-on experience working with ASPEN OneLiner, SEL acSELerator, SEL RTAC packages
- Solid expertise in the areas of transmission protective relays, relaying systems, and SEL protective schemes
- Experience facilitating power system studies, relay coordination, and short-circuit calculations in CAPE, ETAP, ASPEN, OR SKM
- Familiarity with telecommunication and SCADA protocols like ModBus and SEL
- Experience working as a Transmission Protection Engineer, P&C Engineer, Relay Engineer, or Protection & Controls Specialist (SME)
- Strong understanding of P&C Design principles for high voltage system
- Understanding of protective relay testing and calibration via testing systems like Omicron, Doble F6150, Doble Protection Suite, EnoservRTS (RTS)
Location: San Antonio, TX
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 05:42:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!