Job title: Learning Support Services (LSS) Coordinator
Company: George Fox University
Job description: George Fox University’s Learning Support Services is looking for a highly motivated individual who has a heart for student success.
This new LSS Coordinator position requires someone who is highly motivated and has the ability to assist with the operations and administrative duties of the Learning Support Services office, including Disability & Accessibility Services and the Academic Resource Center. Candidates will be expected to collaborate with other members of the LSS team to welcome students and others and to provide accommodation management, student employee supervision, event planning, faculty support, and clerical work.
Reports to: Assistant Director of Disability & Accessibility Services with indirect reporting to Director of Learning Support Services
Supervises: 4-6 student employees who provide front desk coverage, test proctoring, text conversion, marketing, and student support programming.
Schedule: This position will work 40 hours a week from August 1 through May 30, generally from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional flexing for evening events.
- Hire, train, and supervise LSS/DAS student employees.
- Manage Disability & Accessibility Services (DAS) test scheduling and proctoring, text conversion, scheduling of interpreting & transcription services, and other accommodation services; proctor and convert text as needed.
- Communicate in person, by telephone, and by email with students, prospective students and families, faculty members, and other university employees who interact with LSS; respond to disability- and learning-related needs or refer to the appropriate office.
- Administer the Textbook Assistance Fund (TAF) and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) meetings with students.
- Assist with scheduling and logistics for LSS programs and activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Learning Support Services, Assistant Director of Disability & Accessibility Services, and ARC Coordinator; manage purchase orders, check requests, supply orders, gather data, etc.
- Utilize the Accommodation Information Management (AIM) system for managing accommodations and communicating with students and faculty. Support Asst. Dir. of DAS in management of AIM system.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of student and employee information, ensuring security of student information and exams.
- Develop working knowledge of legal requirements of Section 504 and ADA.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Learning Support Services.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred; some college with substantial professional administrative experience will be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent customer service, and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Dedication to student success
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills; ability to work effectively under pressure or in a fast-paced environment; good reasoning and judgment
- Proficient in computer literacy, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom and other meeting platforms
- A commitment to working as part of the department team and with students
George Fox University has been transforming student’s lives for 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university’s mission as described in the and on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God’s Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
Application Procedures –
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Letter of Interest and Curriculum Vitae or Resume:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We invite you to Be Known at Oregon’s largest private and nationally recognized Christian University!
**This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
**Have questions or need assistance with our application process? Contact g
George Fox University – Staff and Administrator
Location: Newberg, OR
Job date: Thu, 05 May 2022 07:19:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!