Job title: Legal Assistant
Company: The Law Office of Lantis G. Roberts, PLLC
Job description: The Law Office of Lantis G. Roberts, PLLC is a small litigation law firm. We primarily practice in the areas of Employment Law and Personal Injury Law. We practice in both State and Federal Courts in Texas. We represent Plaintiffs.
We are seeking an energetic, dedicated, and client-focused Legal Assistant to join our team.
- Are you up for a challenge?
- Are you a fast learner?
- Do you enjoy helping people?
Position: Legal Assistant – Enhances attorney effectiveness by developing case information, evidence, and settlement options; tracking cases; supporting attorney’s trial proceedings; administrative tasks, and responding to telephone and written inquiries. Must be able to assist with the attorney’s arbitration and mediation practice, as needed.
Compensation: $13.00 – $16.00/hour
Firm Website: and
Hours: Full-time position. 32+ hours per week. Must be available to work during regular business hours Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:30pm. Some weekends and evening hours may be required based on the needs of the firm.
Job Requirements: All candidates are required to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening. Must have a high school diploma. Associates Degree or some college is preferred.
**** PREFERRED TO HAVE 1-2 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN HANDLING PERSONAL INJURY CASES****
Special Requirements: Highly prefer bilingual candidate who speaks Spanish and English.
Documentation Requirements: Cover Letter, Resume, and Legal Writing Sample of a legal related document that you have drafted.
***NO RECRUITERS and NO PHONE CALLS***
Legal Assistant Job Duties:
- Must have a working knowledge of personal injury
- Preferred to have a working knowledge of employment law
- Answer incoming calls to provide callers with basic case information
- Must be able to assist with the client screening and intake process for all cases
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Draft and send various letters to clients, insurance companies, medical providers, and other case contacts
- Sort, scan, and document mail and other correspondence
- Problem Solver
- Think outside of the Box
- Draft petitions and complaints to file lawsuits in State and Federal Court.
- Draft motions and responses to motions
- Draft Initial Disclosures.
- Draft Discovery Responses and objections.
- Draft Discovery requests (admissions, disclosure, interrogatories, and productions) to propound on opposing counsel.
- Draft subpoenas and notices of intent to take a deposition.
- Coordinate service of process on citations and summons with private process servers.
- Calendar all deadlines and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Make use of an effective tickler system.
- Schedule depositions, court hearings, conferences, meetings, travel, and mediations.
- All trial preparation tasks traditionally handled by Legal Assistants.
- Prepare Trial notebooks, trial exhibits, jury charges, witness lists, and exhibits lists.
- Perform intake and screening with potential clients.
- Complete file review for new cases.
- Prepare deposition summaries.
- Prepare case summaries
- Lien negotiations and reductions.
- Request client’s medical and billing records.
- Prepare summary of medical records
- Redact records.
- Maintain communication with insurance companies, attorneys, courts, and medical providers.
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress.
- Conduct appropriate legal research in Westlaw.
- Draft legal documents, including but limited to motions and other court-related filings.
- E-file court documents in the Texas E-filing system
- Prepare correspondence to clients, courts, and opposing counsel.
- Must be familiar with PACER, ECF, Texas E-file, and Westlaw.
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Participate in ongoing business development, networking opportunities, and marketing activities.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $13 – 16 per hour
Location: Arlington, TX
Job date: Wed, 25 May 2022 04:10:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!