Job title: Legal Counsel/Senior Legal Counsel – Labor Law & Employment Relations
Company: StepStone Group
Job description: is a rapidly growing Global Private Markets firm who provides customized investment and advisory solutions to some of the most sophisticated investors in the world. With $548 billion of total capital allocations, including $127 billion in AUM, we are highly diversified in the private markets across the globe and provide creative solutions to solve for the objectives of any investment program. With a culture built on entrepreneurialism, partnership and being a team within teams, our firm offers joiners the opportunity to think out loud, .
You will be part of the StepStone Corporate Legal team, and will engage in a broad range of general corporate, commercial contracts and global labor & employment-related matters.
Essential Job Functions:
You will work with the corporate legal and human resources teams to advise on a range of matters, including general corporate transactions, commercial agreements, and global labor & employment-related matters, including:
- Drafting and negotiation of a range of commercial agreements
- Providing advice and counsel with respect to global privacy matters
- Providing advice and counsel relating to global employment contracts and labor & employment-related matters, including reviewing employment contracts and advising on performance management, terminations, leaves of absence and workplace accommodations, remote workforce management, and a variety of other employment-related matters
- Working together with the Human Resources department to advise upon and enhance training programs
- Working to minimize legal exposure by proactively reviewing existing practices, forms, contracts, benefits and policies regarding employment matters globally, while considering business objectives and practicalities
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Adaptability and flexibility to work on a variety of matters, including those of first impression
- Utilize effective organizational and time management skills to maintain a commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is completed accurately and on time
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required; work collaboratively with other legal and compliance team members to share best practices, provide coverage, etc.
- Professionally communicate with all levels of staff and external clients and stakeholders
- Have a strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of StepStone
- Focus on specific goals and demonstrate a sense of personal growth, accountability and urgency for achieving results
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Four-year college degree and law degree from a top-tier U.S. law school
- Approximately 4 to 6 years of law firm and in-house legal experience
- Familiarity with employment law, with experience in global labor & employment law related matters preferred
- Broad-based corporate, privacy and employment law experience, preferably including within an in-house environment
Working out of 23 offices in 14 countries, StepStone has a truly global viewpoint. As people are our biggest asset, we offer resources to help our employees reach their full potential. Our principles are based on integrity, transparency, respect and creativity, which together define how we do business.
When you choose to work at StepStone, you’ll find a group of professionals who are passionate about anticipating changes, solving problems and working together to make it all happen. Our integrated global team shares insights into how managers think and operate, as well as how they might perform.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
At StepStone, diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees and allows them to be heard, regardless of title or tenure.
Your employment will also be subject to various firm policies and guidelines, including return to workplace guidelines for your office (which require, where legally permitted, all U.S. employees to have their vaccinations against COVID-19 up to date in order to enter one of our offices or attend a firm-sponsored event).
Location: La Jolla, CA
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 22:50:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!