Job title: Legal Specialist, Trademark Legal
Job description: Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6 years of experience as a trademark paralegal or in a similar role with a law firm and/or in-house legal department
- 4 years of experience managing trademark matters
- Experience in Internet and/or high technology areas of business
- Experience with physical goods and anti-counterfeit measures
- Ability to take initiative to address problems and make continuous process improvements
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to review and organize numerous legal documents
About the job
The Trademark Legal team is responsible for all trademark and counterfeit issues across products for Google worldwide.
As a Legal Specialist, you will help drive the success of our Legal team and work to create and improve processes, maintain records, conduct legal research, and coordinate communications across the team. As you support our team, you will work with internal clients across Google, external parties, and multiple groups within the Legal department.
- Manage United States and foreign global trademark prosecution and maintenance matters.
- Manage brand policing efforts, including identifying infringers, sending cease and desist letters, filing takedown requests, assisting with opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark, Trail, and Appeal Board (TTAB). Discuss infringers, coordinate domain name transfers and acquisitions, and maintain a database for brand policing matters.
- Design, recommend, and implement processes and procedures to increase group efficiency and improve brand management.
- Prepare, distribute, and present updated training materials to inform law enforcement and customs officials on counterfeit identification and trademark infringement.
- Interact with and maintain ongoing communications with internal clients, foreign counsel, and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) regarding various trademark matters.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
Location: Mountain View, CA
Job date: Mon, 30 May 2022 07:56:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!