Job title: Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) – Employee Health
Company: Boulder Community Hospital
Job description: Per Diem, various shifts and day a week.
Pay Range is between $20.93-$31.41/hr, depending on years of relevant and like experience. **Range includes per diem differential. +$2.50/hr for evening and weekend shifts.
Boulder Community Health is a Certified Level II Trauma Center. In 2022, we celebrated the 100th anniversary of the founding of our organization. We are honored to hold the awards of 2021 U.S. News & World ‘Best Hospitals for Maternity Care’, 2019 Best Medical Facility from Boulder Weekly, and Best Local Employer from Daily Camera. Come be part of an independent, community-focused health system; feel good knowing that your work will make a difference in people’s lives and positively contribute to the community.
This position provides clinical and administration support for Employee Health.
Education or Formal Training
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.) * Current Colorado LPN license in good standing.
- BLS Certification within the conditional period
Knowledge, Skill and Ability * Knowledge of human growth and development to inform and guide interaction with and care for employees and volunteers, ages teen to geriatric.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, and systems in order to assist with department services.
- Knowledge of OSHA and Joint Commission regulations.
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance regulations.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in participating in department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with new and current employees and other department staff.
- Ability to apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to respond calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work load and be flexible to meet department needs.
- Ability to utilize computer software programs.
- Ability to demonstrate proper English grammar, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Ability to type accurately.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Skill in taking health histories, review of vaccination records.
- Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
- Skill in administration of vaccines, TB tests, phlebotomy procedures and TB mask fit testing.
One to two years of experience in a clinic or hospital preferred.
Working environment/Physical Activities * Potential exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Must be able to squat and stoop for long periods of time to access files and cabinets from chest height to floor level.
- Must be able to move between offices and multiple campus sites
- Able to grasp and lift files weighing up to 2# and push supply cart weighing up to 10# through department and hospital.
- Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
- Sits for long periods of time and must be able to answer phones, greet public.
- Must be able to do data entry for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to write, dictate or otherwise communicate.
- Ability to hear normal level conversations and to recall and record information.
- Must be able to travel between office and all facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Administrative: * Greets visitors and answers department telephones in absence of secretary
- Takes messages and returns phone calls, schedules appointments
- Completes special projects or other duties as assigned
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality in all communication and assignments
- Assists with maintenance of a filing and record management system for employee health records and follow-up processes.
- Performs data entry for employee health
- Assists in completing Workers’ Comp Temporary Modified Duty Contracts
- Assists in completing FMLA and Leave of Absence Notices and mailings.
- Maintains exam room in orderly manner with necessary supplies.
- Maintains and orders Pharmacy stock as needed.
Clinical: * Takes employee health histories and thoroughly documents in employee health record.
- Performs veni-punctures and pre-employment drug screening.
- Administers vaccinations and TB testing.
- Performs TB mask fit testing procedures.
- Assists with employee education and instruction related to new employee evaluation, vaccination, TB screening, and Blood Borne Exposure follow-up.
- Counsels employees following positive TB skin test results and arranges for the appropriate follow-up.
- When applicable, employees must be able to adjust the essential functions they perform appropriately to the age of the employee, physician or volunteer.
- Contributes to the maintenance of the internal Employee Health procedure manual making edits and updates as necessary.
- Monitors compliance with all Employee Health requirements and communicates regularly with employees, their managers and their directors.
- Audits Employee Health files on an ongoing basis and re-educates Employee Health staff to proper procedure and/or documentation as needed.
- Assists in coordinating “walk-in” clinics for the annual TB mask fit and TB skin testing.
- Assists in updating Employee Forms and other paperwork so that they are current and comprehensive.
About Boulder Community Health and Boulder, Colorado
Uncompromising medical excellence delivered with respect and compassion. Since 1922, Boulder Community Health has built a strong reputation on these values. As community-owned and operated not-for-profit hospital and clinic locations, we remain dedicated to the evolving needs of our citizens and providing access to high-quality care. Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, the Boulder lifestyle is conductive to enjoying the outdoors and brings a fresh perspective to healthcare practice. Surround yourself by natural beauty and an active, life-embracing community. Enjoy state-of-the-art facilities and equipment along with competitive compensation and benefits, including health/dental/life, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center, Employee Wellness, Employee Activities & Discounts, and many more!
EOE/Affirmative Action/Drug-free workplace
Location: Boulder, CO
Job date: Sun, 03 Jul 2022 02:24:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!