Job title: Linux System Administrator
Job description: Job Description
At , you’re more than just a number. Our employee relationship managers support you throughout your engagement, providing career guidance and reemployment assistance. Join !
We are currently seeking a qualified Linux System Administrator to join a successful software company for an onsite position in San Jose, CA.
- Design, implement and support the engineering and lab infrastructure which includes on-prem gear, a co-location facility as well as presence in the public cloud
- Collaborate with the global Engineering and Customer Engineering teams to plan for growth in the infra footprint to allow for company growth
- New user onboarding
- Create VMs on oVirt
- Support engineers with Linux, NFS, virtualization & networking
- Work with engineers to build network topologies in the lab
- Set up machines on DMZ and open up ports on firewalls, setting up NAT
- Troubleshoot DHCP issues
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or similar)
- An experience of at least 8 years in the management of infrastructure in a startup and mid-size companies
- Hands-on working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), DNS, DHCP, NFS, virtualization (oVirt, VMWare), networking
- Familiarity with firewalls
- Familiarity with managing public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) preferred
Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. ** ™ Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** ™, a division of CompuCom® Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit .
Location: San Jose, CA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 07:41:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!