Job title: LWPB Sr. Interior Designer Associate
Company: Larson Design Group
Job description: About Larson Design Group
Larson Design Group (LDG) is an employee-owned (ESOP), Architectural, Engineering, and Surveying Firm. Since our founding in 1986, we’ve been teaming with clients nationwide to provide responsive, innovative solutions by offering an extraordinary depth and breadth of capabilities and embracing sustainable business practices. For more than 30 years, these principles have guided our work and laid the foundation for a robust growth that has elevated our aspirations even higher. From organizations both local and national in scope, we’re being recognized with awards and climbing the ranks of industry lists. We are expanding our footprint across the nation and looking to add more top talent to our team. We have fourteen office locations across Pennsylvania, New York, Ohio, Arizona, Oklahoma and Florida. We offer a flexible work environment, competitive benefits package, and continued professional development. Come join the excitement at LDG!
Impact and Opportunity:
The Sr. Interior Designer Associate provides support to the lead interior designer to complete programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration. This position should have some experience in the use of all required software. Candidates interested in the NCIDQ examination are preferred.
- Develops concepts for interior elements, floor plans, pattern designs, elevations, details and room finishes.
- Coordinates design work, standards, and code compliance.
- Develops all aspects of furniture packages and specifications.
- Evaluates and selects materials, develops finish palettes, consults with vendors, and informs project specifications.
- Research materials and concepts to advise and support design team on technical issues influencing interior design concept development.
- Supports the selection or consideration and choice of building materials such as flooring, wall finish, ceilings, furnishings, and other indoor materials.
- Prepares renderings and other presentation materials.
- Travel to job sites to analyze space availability, design needs, and purpose of the space.
- Coordinates with other disciplines, including architecture, engineering, and consultants.
- Works within project schedules to prioritize tasks and coordinate the completion of documentation required from initial design phase through final project completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design (preferred) from an accredited institution, Associates or Technical Degree minimum.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and other software programs.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams).
- Must have experience with space planning and technical skills including 3D visualization, design detailing, and construction documentation.
- Must have strong desire to expand knowledge base and undertake new responsibilities.
- Must be able to interact with clients, project team, vendors, and other external groups in a professional manner.
- Experience with a A/E/C firm (preferred).
- Demonstrates interest in the NCIDQ exam (preferred).
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task while working independently.
Larson Design Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:28:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!