Job title: Maintenance Professional – Residential Services
Company: Center for Disability Services
Job description: Description
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
We are searching for a Maintenance Professional to join our agency. This position is based out of our offices in Albany, NY.
- Performs and assists in maintenance service and repairs in the areas of preventative maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, painting, sheet rocking, machine servicing, electrical, grounds, cleaning, snow removal, vehicle maintenance, furniture moving, and other duties as assigned
- Assist workers and perform maintenance tasks to equipment and facilities
- Provide labor and skills with a primary focus on quality workmanship, the safety, functionality and comfort of individuals we support, staff and visitors
- Responsible for preparation, compiling, proper tracking and filing of daily work orders, supply house packing slips and invoices for supplies
- Share responsibilities of the maintenance on-call system
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a NYS driver’s license that is in good standing
- At least 2 year(s) of job related experience, specifically in: Facilities Management and Building Trades
- Ability to follow directions, communicate, perform simple math functions and knows basic weights and measures
- Specialized training, license, certification and/or skills preferred
At The Center for Disability Services, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the people we support. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any protected class of job applicant or employee in our employment practices.
Location: Albany, NY
Job date: Fri, 27 May 2022 22:45:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!