Job title: Maintenance Technician II-Building Maintenance
Company: County of Chester
Job description: Summary
The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for performing a variety of skilled maintenance, repairs and/or construction tasks requiring trade skills such as (depending on assignment): carpentry, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, painting, masonry, concrete, asphalt, and landscape management (building campuses, park lands, trails, roads, parking lots, woodlands, etc.). Facilities to be maintained depend on job assignment and may include buildings, bridges, parks and/or trails. This position is responsible for maintaining the County’s facilities, grounds and equipment to ensure they are in good operating condition, well maintained, and are neat, clean, safe and suitable for use by the public and employees.
This position is classified as an essential employee and may be required to work when the County offices are officially closed due to inclement weather, natural disaster, other emergency situations, etc., and on occasion work beyond normal hours, on weekends and/or holidays, as required. A valid driver’s license is required.
Requires completing documentation granting permission for the County of Chester to obtain a 3-year Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Conduct and or lead in general repairs and maintenance, requiring experienced trade skills, e.g.:
- Electrical, plumbing, waterline repairs, mechanical work, repair or replacement of faulty equipment, etc.
- Carpentry, construction, painting.
- Change belts, filters, replace ballasts and perform routine HVAC repairs and maintenance.
- Landscape management and grounds maintenance (e.g., mowing; weeding; trash pickup; mulching; planting and removing trees, bushes, flowers; road, parking lots, trail and culvert maintenance and repair, etc.).
- Masonry, concrete and/or asphalt repairs.
- Metal work, welding, etc.
- Special event set-up and break-down.
- Operate heavy equipment such as loader, backhoe, and tractor.
- Order and maintain appropriate levels of supplies and parts; take receipt of incoming deliveries and store in appropriate areas.
- Use and maintain power tools and small equipment (minor repairs).
- Perform maintenance and safety inspections of facilities.
- Pesticide application (under direction of a certified applicator).
- Resource management (assists and or leads with a variety of natural resource management activities).
- Snow removal using hand tools and equipment up to 12,000 GVW, plows and spreaders
- Perform other duties, tasks and special projects, as required
Qualifications/Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Trade school or equivalent training and working knowledge and applied professional experience performing one or more relevant trade skills (above).
- Ability and general knowledge to operate basic equipment, hand tools, power tools, small equipment, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with heavy equipment operation.
- Ability to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working area.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and appropriate manner.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Manual dexterity.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Successful certification in both CPR and first aid training within one year of hire.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, or holidays for emergencies or other purposes, as required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of two years of applied professional experience performing at least one relevant trade skill.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to use all machines and equipment related to the upkeep of county facilities.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively lead project teams.
- General understanding of specific events and programs pertaining to the department.
- General knowledge of County and department policies and procedures.2
- Ability to read and understand basic construction drawings.
- A valid CDL Class Aor B driver’s license may be needed depending on job assignment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have:
- Basic knowledge and use of computer and internet
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Be able to learn County specific programs (e.g. Inova, Maximo).
Expected salary: $45838.12 per year
Location: Westtown, PA
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:45:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!