Job title: Management Consultant
Company: Communities Unlimited, Inc.
Job description: LOCATION NOTE: This is a telecommuter position, requiring the incumbent to be located in one of the following states and be willing to travel, as conditions allow and as necessary, to client locations.
Position: Management Consultant
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Entrepreneurship or Senior Management Consultant
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Summary of Position
The primary role of this position is to provide direct, one-on-one, management and business skills consulting services to startup and existing small businesses located throughout our 7-state service area, with primary emphasis in the region around their office location. Position assignments include developing and facilitating workshops related to small business start and growth and building relationships with local community leaders to facilitate economic development activities related to small business growth and development.
Incumbents must satisfy one of the following requirements: * Master’s degree with strong preference for a MBA or Master’s in Social Entrepreneurship.
OR * Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, administration, or closely related field AND at least 5 (five) years of verifiable full-time prior business ownership experience.
OR * Bachelor’s degree in business, management, finance, administration, or closely related field AND at least 5 (five) years of prior experience as a Communities Unlimited associate management consultant.
Must have valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle for work-related travel. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
This position requires:
- 3 years of related work experience, experience starting, working in, or owning a small business is preferred.
- Spanish Bilingual required
- Excellent facilitation, writing, communication, computer, and analysis skills.
- Ability to develop workshops related to small business management consulting.
- Ability to reach out and build new and existing partnerships in the target communities.
- Ability to work one-on-one with entrepreneurs with goal of building their business skills and management capacity as business owners.
- Ability to work independently, with accountability for results.
- Ability to assist in training other management consultants.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel.
Summary of Essential Job Duties
- Conduct Initial Assessment with small business clients to identify business problems and determine the best course of action to assist the client in positive business growth.
- Develop a Scope of Services (within 1 business day after the Initial Assessment) that clearly outlines the proposed activities, timeline and estimated cost as well as the responsibilities of the client.
- Timely deliver consulting services listed in the Scope of Services, alongside the client.
- Coordinate client travel to minimize trips and implement virtual consulting services, when possible.
- Participate in Communities Unlimited staff meetings as required.
- Collect, document, and report each client’s contact information and other impact information as required.
- Collect, document, video and share stories about our clients as required.
- Build relationships with community leaders and members of the small business community.
- Educate the community about the tools and resources available through Communities. Unlimited to support a variety of economic development initiatives.
- Identify new opportunities for funding, partnerships, or small business development.
- Represent Communities Unlimited at various meetings or events, as approved by your supervisor.
Other Essential Job Duties:
- Assist other Communities Unlimited teams as required by your supervisor.
- Track and enter your worktime and expenses as required by policy.
- Ability to train other management consultants.
- Required to use Communities Unlimited’s timekeeping software to input daily work performance.
- Immediately communicate concerns, issues, or any other problems that affect your job performance with your supervisor.
Tools Used in Job
Computer, internet, smart phone (texting, email, photos, videos, social media, and calls), web-based databases for data-entry, Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. Timesheets software is used to enter and track daily worktime. Use of additional software for project related activities may be required.
The work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Communities Unlimited offers generous Medical/Dental/Vision benefits with the organization paying the significant majority of the cost. Company paid long-term disability; automatic company 401K contribution once new hires are eligible; 401K match; 12 paid holidays; two weeks paid vacation awarded upon hire (Prorated based upon date of hire); new hires begin accumulating sick leave immediately upon hire at a rate of 8 hours per month. Communities Unlimited reimburses all employees for travel expenses.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 07:52:17 GMT
Apply for the job now!