Job title: Manager – Creative Production Innovation Management
Job description: Location: CA preferred, open to Remote
At Netflix, innovation is in our DNA and one way this shows up is through continuous improvements to the service for our members / non-members. These improvements can span ideas like promotional tactics that help people to discover their new favorite show, new ways to enjoy content, or testing what the right trailer or piece of artwork will be for that member to press ‘play’.
We are seeking an experienced people leader who is passionate about bringing teams together and excels in a fast-paced product innovation organization. This leader will lead a team of seasoned program managers who leverage their deep knowledge of the production, operations and delivery of content & promotional assets to partner with our Creative Production, Engineering, Product Management, Design and other teams within Netflix to strategize, execute and deliver on A/B testing and other innovation or complex cross-functional initiatives.
With strong alignment to the Netflix values, this leader will focus on empowering the team to be strategic thought-partners of our cross-functional stakeholders, and to ensure our larger organization’s work is delivered through timely and high quality implementation in the product. As part of the CPIM leadership team, this leader will help shape and advance the program management practice in the team to achieve our mission of “accelerating the delivery of optimized and impactful outcomes across a broad portfolio of complex initiatives.”
In addition, this leader will be exceptional in building strong partnerships with cross-functional teams to understand business and operational strategies and needs, and translate them into meaningful programs that deliver value to our members and our business.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of program managers to consistently execute innovation projects and programs with stellar craftsmanship.
- Manage and allocate team resources based on business priorities to optimize the value the team can deliver to the business.
- Build strong partnerships with Product Managers, Product Engineering, Product Design, Data Science and other key cross functional stakeholders and represent Creative Production in cross functional forums.
- Collaborate with peer leaders in Creative Production, Product Innovation, Product Design, and Product Engineering, to ensure alignment and timely delivery on organizational priorities.
- Identify opportunities to increase the value our program management team can add to Creative Production and Netflix. Drive and implement change
- Develop talent and skills with the team to meet evolving business needs and advocate for the team in leadership forums.
- Identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and collaborations with partners, focusing on optimizing impact within the organization or on our consumer base.
- Lead the planning and execution of innovation programs and A/B tests for the global Netflix product that requires the building of new metadata and data schemas; textual, visual or motion assets; or asset workflows.
- Advise and consult with individual program managers on implementation of projects and programs and engagement with stakeholders.
- Occasional travel is required between our California headquarters and other satellite offices once we resume in-person work.
We seek a passionate leader who:
- Has a strong understanding of the creative production domain and the entertainment industry or promotional / ad agency space.
- Possesses deep experience managing complex local and global cross-functional programs in a fast paced environment where technology intersects with creativity.
- Possesses strong domain expertise and working knowledge in establishing and implementing program management frameworks and best practices.
- Understands change management and is able to adapt and apply that knowledge to drive sustainable change across multiple teams and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and priorities.
- Possesses excellent EQ (Emotional Intelligence). Leads with trust, empathy, transparency and vulnerability and can foster connection, collaboration and motivation in the team.
- Is dedicated to infusing inclusive considerations and outcomes throughout their responsibilities – including leadership, partnerships, and in every aspect of their day-to-day work – rather than treating it as an “extracurricular” or “nice to have”.
- Has the ability to embody the Netflix values and places the health of the organization at the forefront when building and supporting the team.
- Thrives in a fast-changing work environment where ambiguity is seen as opportunities.
- Demonstrates confidence to rely on self-judgment and take smart risks, and a history of developing the same within a team.
- Is a strategic thinker who can look around the corner to identify areas of opportunities within the team and across the organization based on data / feedback and observations.
- Can switch between being strategic and tactical seamlessly and can connect the dots between the 30,000 fit view of the company / product strategy and the work of the team.
- Possesses a high business acumen and proven ability to plan proactively, react quickly when challenges arise, while retaining a laser focus on making business impact.
- Insists on providing constructive, direct feedback in a mature and respectful manner.
Job date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 02:36:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!