Job title: Manager, Information Technology Services
Job description: Job Description
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat’s research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Interested in improving lives through research? At Westat, we offer innovative professional services to help clients improve outcomes in health, education, social policy, and transportation. We are truly dedicated to improving lives through research which is enabled by the power of our growing technology and technology team.
Westat is seeking a Manager of Information Technology Services who will serve as a thought leader in their space, inspire a team that provides critical support to our organization and clients with a focus on user experience. The manager of Information Technology Services will report to the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The Manager of Information Technology Services will be responsible for the strategy, development, and implementation of services and support at Westat. This includes managing helpdesk support, hardware support, IT Training, Video Conferencing solutions and inventory management in a hybrid environment that consists of remote office support and staff across multiple offices.
As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this role will interface with senior management across the firm to develop and implement strategies that have a direct impact on process efficiency and competitive capabilities for the company.
The responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Manage end-user support requests to ensure timely and effective resolutions
- Follow up with customers to facilitate feedback on services and identify areas of improvement
- Developing and implementing end user support strategies and services
- Manage and coordinate support for conference rooms, mobile devices, telephones, and deployment of laptops across multiple offices
- Coordinate and communicate closely with IT and business leaders across the organization on technology implementation and execution
- Develop, maintain, and monitor a technology roadmap
- Stay current with trends in information technology and advise on innovative technologies and solutions
- Assist IT team in the design and implementation of technologies and streamline service processes to enhance the user experience
- Participate in technical requirements gathering and continuous process improvement activities
- Identify and implement automation and self-serve capabilities to drive operation efficiency and improved user experience
Business and Staff Management
- Collaborate across the organization to create efficiency, process improvements, and eliminate redundancies
- Adeptly manage project timelines, budgets, and resources
- Provide technical guidance, counsel, and direction for all individuals on the team, as needed, to resolve technical issues
- Manage vendor relationships, develop strategic partnerships and negotiating terms in the best interest of the organization
- Oversee the planning and budgeting for all Information Technology support services
- Develop, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures to ensure consistent delivery of support services
- Recruit, motivate, and develop staff
- Conduct annual performance reviews for staff and develop professional development plans to provide growth and improvement opportunities
- Provide coaching, leadership, and professional development for staff
- Foster teamwork and collaboration across service groups
- High School Degree and a minimum of 15 years of progressive IT services experience including 10 years of leadership experience; or Bachelor’s degree in a computer science related field with a minimum of 10 years of progressive IT services experience including leadership experience.
Demonstrated experience in:
- Helpdesk support management and knowledge base solutions
oDeveloping and growing talent
oProject management skills and ability to manage complex projects
oManaging and negotiating with external vendors/partners
- Proficiency with:
oWindows 10, Office 365, Active Directory, Dynamics 365, and cloud technologies
oRemote monitoring, MDM solutions, and computer imaging
oFISMA security standards
oCitrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Netscaler
You will be successful in this role because you value the client relationship and focus on strengthening bonds with internal and external customers. This role will make the most of your ability to be detail-oriented with excellent organization and analytical and problem-solving skills. Your ability to gather information effectively and make quick decisions, forge trusting, consultative relationships, navigate ambiguity and communicate clearly and effectively with senior IT, business, and services leaders will be key.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Eligible employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Holiday Leave
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Protecting the health and safety of our employees and survey participants is a top priority for Westat. As a federal government contractor, Westat will require Westat staff, regardless of work location, to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon hire and to follow all safety protocols, subject to approved accommodations under applicable law.
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.
Computer Systems and Applications
Location: Rockville, MD
Job date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 06:25:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!