Job title: Manager, Network Engineering
Job description: Description :
About The Opportunity
At Medifast, our team members are relentless in our mission of driving Lifelong Transformation, One Healthy Habit at a Time®. When you join Medifast, you become part of a dynamic, fast-growing community of highly motivated, like-hearted people who share a passion for promoting health and wellness. Just as OPTAVIA Coaches inspire Clients to reach their personal wellness goals, at Medifast, we inspire each other to bring our best to work each day to further our shared mission. If you want to build a rewarding career that makes lives better on a daily basis, Medifast may be the perfect place for you.
The Manger of Network Engineering is a highly technical hands-on leader who is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and reliable operations of Medifast’s infrastructure architecture, data centers, cloud environments, disaster recovery plan, servers, wide-area, and local-area networks as well as core business applications and supporting software. The Manager of Network Engineering will advise the technology teams and other stakeholders on technology standards, methodologies, and processes. Lead a team to ensure the Infrastructure Operates in accordance with organizational policies and strategic goals.
Job Responsibilities * Designs and implements short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
- Design, implement, manage, and sets priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems including LANs, WANs, internet, UPSs, wireless implementations, and other hardware
- Design and oversee implementation of on-prem servers, SAN storage, backup system, Microsoft Active Directory, internal and external DNS services, SSO using Okta
- Implement and manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems
- Responsible for the daily operation of all enterprise servers, network operating systems and management tools, firewall(s), routers, data switches, wiring closets and associated cabling and other related systems as required
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all infrastructure procurement and development efforts
- Support of audit finding and action plan remediation and controls testing. Provide reports and evidence for monthly and quarterly PCI/SOX audits
- Write operational documentation and knowledge base of known issues with solutions
- Monitors and tests system performance and provide performance statistics and reporting
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science/engineering or 10 years of equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience working in large scale distributed infrastructure to support a global business
- Expertise in multiple infrastructure disciplines, including monitoring
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- Able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them without external direction
- Ability to think outside of the box and find creative solutions to operational problems
- Dedication to collaboration, knowledge sharing and cross training
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated and willingness to continue to learn new technologies
- Working technical knowledge of network hardware (Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Juniper) and protocols and standards
- Experience in AWS Cloud-based infrastructure including VPC’s, Security groups, EC2 instances, RDS services, IPSec tunnels, etc, strongly desired
- Expertise in Active Directory, Microsoft DNS, Okta SSO, Office 365, etc.
- Highly experienced in IT processes such as Patch Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Release Management, Problem Management, Project Management, Business Continuity Planning, Customer Service and Vendor Relationship Management
- Provide support to the various technology teams and the company in general, including off-hours support and participate in an on-call rotation.
Location: Baltimore, MD
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 01:49:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!