Job title: Manufacturing Engineer – New Product Development Job
Job description: Company Information
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF Trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World’s Best® heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company’s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
Do you like working on projects from initial concept all the way through to production launch? Does the opportunity to develop the next generation assembly processes for zero emissions vehicles, and autonomous vehicles excite you? If so a position in the Kenworth Advanced Manufacturing group might be the challenge you’re looking for. The successful candidate will join a team of high performing professionals who pride themselves in developing innovative processes, setting industry standards for quality, and providing cost-effective designs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for career growth. Successful team members have advanced to prominent roles in other areas of the organization including Plant Operations, Product Engineering, Procurement, After Sales, and Internal Audit. Come be a part of the Kenworth team, and have the satisfaction of seeing the results of your hard work out on the road every day.
- Manage the development and implementation of Manufacturing Engineering plans for new product development projects including:
- Support the design, development, and implementation of new electrical components and software systems. Components include electrical harnesses, advanced driver assistance systems, and electronic control units.
- Implement manufacturing objectives and strategies to meet business and project objectives. Including Process Impact, Floor Plan, Risk Assessment, PFMEA, and Training Plan.
- Develop tooling and equipment budgets including prototype tooling, supplier based components, assembly and inspection tooling, and plant assembly tooling and equipment.
- Introduce new technologies for manufacturing components/assemblies.
- Develop in process test plans for programming and verification of installed systems, aligned with overall testing and programming initiatives.
- Support total life cycle costing for monthly reporting.
- Perform tasks on a mix of long term and near term projects.
- Complete Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), Quality, and Six Sigma projects at the manufacturing plants or suppliers.
- Supervise the acquisition and implementation of project related capital tooling assets.
- Participate in project related Supplier Readiness Reviews.
- Facilitate implementation of the manufacturing project plan at PACCAR plants.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field
- Demonstrated ability gained through a minimum of 2 years of progressively complex engineering or plant engineering assignments
- Excellent organizational, PC, and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and changing priorities
- Ability to travel within North America for support of product launch, occasionally on short notice
- Experience with assembly and process validation of products with multiple sensors and electronic control units
- Familiarity with J1939 CAN Bus architecture
- Knowledge or interest in truck systems, embedded software, and V-cycle based software development
- Training in DFSS and Quality Systems
- Familiarity with various product tooling and manufacturing processes, including programming and process validation testing
- Familiarity of Lean Manufacturing Tools
- Proven success working individually and on a team
Why work for PACCAR/Kenworth?
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and development opportunities.
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized as experts in their fields.
- Support and/or design the commercial vehicles of the future with a focus on emerging technologies such as electric and autonomous trucks
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for you and your family.
- Paid Time Off – vacation, paid holidays and sick leave.
- 401k with 100% company match, AND a company paid pension plan after 5 years.
- Tuition reimbursement for continued education – eligible after 1 year of service.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR promotes equal employment opportunities by implementing policies and practices that ensure employees and applicants are not discriminated against because of their race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or other legally protected status. This applies to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, termination, rates of pay, and other conditions of employment.
Location: Kirkland, WA
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 22:29:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!