Job title: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Company: Apple & Associates
Job description: Manufacturing Engineering Manager – NE Indiana
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager reports to the Operations Manager or designate. This position is to organize, supervise and manage new manufacturing processes and projects. To ensure our customers are afforded world class technology and processes. Ensure existing tooling and welding processes are performing to expected levels. Lead engineering department functions for manufacturing and assembly processes at assigned facility. Functions will include buildings, construction, new equipment (all), equipment maintenance, and assist with the establishment and setup of assembly, manufacturing, stamping, and/or welding processes. Leads departmental staff in all new product launch activities to meet customer and company milestones including budget, quality, and performance. Improves the efficiencies of the plant production facility and equipment layouts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Collaborates with operations to ensure successful launches of new and takeover product
- Develops and implements process and production preparation plans for new manufacturing or assembly components.
- Establishes assembly instructions/visual aids to guide production team relating to specifications and processes.
- Assists in development and maintenance of work instructions, preventative maintenance instructions, in compliance with IATF16949 requirements for all processes and equipment.
- Sets up automation processes, train manufacturing staff, and hand over completed process to manufacturing teams.
- Supports manufacturing engineering, program management, and new product launch meetings (e.g., design reviews, project status reports, key measure reports, handover, etc.).
- Understands and analyzes production preparation issues in a timely manner to allow for countermeasures.
- Communicates project status to other departments and Company shared services group.
- Manages suppliers in the design, construction, and installation of new tools and equipment.
- Improves existing or develop new manufacturing or assembly equipment.
- Actively contributes to machine design from the manufacturing/assembly engineer’s perspective and liaise with other engineers in the team during the design and manufacturing process to ensure that the manufacturing and assembly process requirements are adhered to.
- Ensures new equipment installations meet safety by design standards or codes including validating safety checks (e.g., Pre-Health & Safety Reviews) are completed.
- Oversees maintenance activities on all manufacturing equipment, processes, building and utility systems to provide a reliable production platform.
- Develops predictive and preventive maintenance programs in conjunction with shared services Manufacturing Engineering to ensure operability of all plant production equipment and facilities.
- Conducts root cause analysis and problem-solving methods.
- Assists in FMEAs pre-production planning and initial samples.
- Leads associates in problem solving regarding production, customer, and supplier concerns.
- Manages and directs assigned staff with a focus on equipment, processes, human resource allocation, cost management, setting priorities, and leading through problem identification and resolution.
- Develops and maintains positive associate relations centered on mutual trust, dignity, respect, fairness, consistency, two-way communication, teamwork, and harmony.
- Provides direction and motivation to associates emphasizing quality, efficiency, productivity, cost reduction, safety and health, and morale.
- Ensures further development of associates through performance evaluation, development of training plans, feedback, coaching, and cascade training.
- Updates associate training matrix and schedule any needed training.
- Develops and maintains departmental capital budgets.
- At least five years of metal stamping experience or related experience
- At least seven years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in an automotive facility.
- Process design, improvement and or verification experience
- Five years of experience with welding processes in a manufacturing setting.
- Proficient with CAD software preferred.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA general industry and press related standards.
- Electrical controls/ systems knowledge.
- P.M. systems and methodology.
- Strong understanding for elimination of manufacturing waste.
- Understanding of APQP requirements
- Ensure safety, process capability, efficiency and standardization across NASG facilities through NASG machine standards and designs.
- Troubleshoot problems at production equipment
- Assist in upgrade of preventive maintenance program
- Responsible for development of departmental capital plan and completion of divisional capital plan per budget
- Ensure the company is on the leading edge in equipment and process
- Focus over the next few years will be set-up reduction, welding, clutch, brake and feeder dependability
- Responsible for facility’s condition and maintenance
- Work with production and quality assurance to ensure good, quality parts
- Assist in FMEA’s pre-production planning and initial samples
- Assist in training of plant personnel
- Responsible for future plant expansion
- Responsible for on-going plant layout improvements
- Assist in insuring a safe work environment
- Assistance in preparation of strategic plan and budget
- Participate in Associate involvement teams
- Upgrade self with training as required for job responsibilities
- Responsible for improving the ability and technology of the welding department to include Mig welding
- Must be able to travel to other plants in U.S., Canada and Mexico
- Participate in Problem solving and 8-D activities to ensure quality product to our customers
- Regular review of downtime and plan for improvement
- Ensure the manufacturing processes are constantly evolving with technological advancements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language (English) used in the workplace.
- Solid working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Internet, etc.).
Location: Anderson, IN
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:30:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!