Job title: Manufacturing Leader – 1st Shift, Anderson SC
Job description: Manufacturing Leader – 1st Shift, Anderson SC
Position ID: req39960
Sector: BA North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Anderson Plant
Number of Openings: 1
Employment Type: Permanent
The Production Supervisor is responsible for meeting production demand for the line by addressing inconsistencies, balancing manpower and reporting equipment issues. The Production Supervisor provides hands-on support, leadership, and direction to their direct reports. This position offers challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem-solving methods to properly manage and support operations. The successful candidate for this position takes pride in their analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail. They appreciate an environment where superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote action oriented safety culture embracing safety as a core value, instilling and exemplifying a safety mindset for all Team Members resulting in an incident-free workplace.
- Attend production meetings; helps set and coordinate production schedule demands with Team Members. Reports labor capability and manufacturing concerns to management.
- Use of Lean Tools to drive real-time problem-solving in support of attaining departmental metrics (SQCD).
- Ability to engage team members to foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration.
- Self-motivated with the ability to make data-driven decisions to take ownership of departmental performance and drive daily operations.
- Analyzes production on a continuous basis and adjusts accordingly as needed.
- Responsible for meeting production schedule in accordance with established standards and scheduling commitments from planning meetings and directives.
- First line of responsibility for production personnel; coordination of personal time and first line of contact for personnel issues.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Kronos and attendance tracking.
- Must be able to walk production area for the majority of work shift. Work shift may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, including weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Must be able to work at using computer, routinely answering phone or radio and effective use of other office equipment.
- Be available 30 minutes prior to and after shift to ensure a timely shift transition.
- Other customary and typical duties assigned that would be reasonable for a supervisor in a similar environment.
- High School Diploma required
- 5 plus years’ experience in Manufacturing operations
- Proficient in Office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience with plant startups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production, is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone. The employee frequently is required to drive, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. #LI-MJ1
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. In 2017 Electrolux had sales of SEK 122 billion and employed 56,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.
Location: Anderson, SC
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 01:59:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!