Job title: Manufacturing Management & Maintenance Engineer Trainees
Job description: Cleveland-Cliffs Steel is currently hiring Manufacturing Management and Maintenance Engineering Trainees for our operations. Manufacturing Management and Maintenance Engineering Trainees will be part of a team charged with making the steel that goes into products that are visible all around us. Trainees will learn all aspects of the operations through on-the-job training and specialized training activities. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated problem-solving and leadership skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced industrial environment. This is an entry-level position aimed to provide new employees with a mixture of development and on-the-job training during assignments that add real life value to our company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically participate in the trainee program with a goal to become fully capable to take on all the responsibilities as listed below:
- Ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards. Perform safety, quality, and environmental audits on a timely basis.
- Uphold and enforce safety, environmental, job procedures and maintain general discipline of the crew.
- Monitor the operation and intercede promptly with corrective action, coordinating multiple disciplines in the execution of these duties.
- Schedule and supervise hourly personnel, working directly with them on the shop floor and from the shift manager’s office. Ensure direct reports receive proper training and utilization, while establishing an equitable relationship focused on excellence in safety and production.
- Make operational decisions in high-stress situations, following direction from superiors and abiding by corporate policies and procedures.
- Analyze and identify problems, make recommendations to achieve desired improvements, and communicate process improvement ideas that promote reliability, quality, and productivity.
- Supervise a turn crew of operating personnel in the assigned operating unit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical or supervisory degree and prior leadership or supervisory experience; Or High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of supervisory or leadership experience with a strong interest in pursuing a career in manufacturing.
- Self-motivated with minimal direction required for day-to-day operations.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to learn.
- Basic computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong Safety orientation.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold and dusty environments. Able to safely climb stairs, ladders, walk on inclines and uneven surfaces.
- Recently completed Bachelor degree.
- Prior military or experience working in a Union environment.
- Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience in production or operations.
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Proven team building skills and works well with others of diverse backgrounds.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing, stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total compensation package including top pay with variable compensation opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education assistance, paid time off and more!
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 01:59:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!