Job title: Manufacturing Production Manager
Job description: The Sealing Solutions division is a leading supplier of custom sealing solutions to global industry segments, such as the health care, automotive, consumer goods, oil and gas, general industries, as well as civil engineering. We are always looking for talented, highly qualified employees at all levels of our organization. Datwyler offers the opportunity to join exciting industries and to be part of a highly esteemed brand. From production staff to client advisors, from technology experts to design engineers, from China to Mexico: at Datwyler, our employees will experience diversity in a way that only an international company can provide. We focus on helping talents reach their full potential – professionally and personally. Our working environment is shaped by our values and beliefs: we are entrepreneurs, we bring value to our customers, we excel in what we do and we have respect for others. With more than 20 global operating sites and more than 7,000 employees, Datwyler Sealing Solutions generates an annual revenue of approximately CHF 900 million. Based on a strategic decision, we are looking for a…
The Manufacturing Production Manager, assures quality and manufacturing processes in conformance with SOPs, WIs, and cGMPs. Authority to make decisions related to quality, efficient production, job assignment, safety, and discipline. Coordination of all production activities. Leads by example and positive attitude and provides direction and training to employees.
Essential Functions / Four Most Important Tasks
MANAGEMENT OF PRODUCTION OUTPUT
- Ensures timely completion of production orders including: scheduling of equipment, maintaining proper quantity of preform stock, processing aids, employee equipment, and any other pertinent tasks, as needed.
- Coaches and supports the development of Production Supervisors
- Ensures proper internal controls are applied throughout the production operation; actively investigates any variance to established procedures and takes decisive and timely action to maintain proper flow of all production activities
LEADING AND MANAGING THE PRODUCTION DEPARTMENT
- Hires, trains, develops, and appraises department staff effectively
- Effective management of department personnel: coaching, feedback, professional development and performance management
- Ensures department staff work aligns with business needs and strategic goals
- Ensures department staff are trained on procedures in compliance with their training plan
- Consults with Human Resources as appropriate
- Works with colleagues locally, and globally as needed to provide support and analysis of US and/or company-wide production issues
- Assigns and monitors progress toward completion of department projects
- Other duties as assigned
ENSURES SAFETY COMPLIANCE OF DEPARTMENT
- Ensures that incumbent’s department complies with all safety rules and procedures, gowning requirements, as well as good housekeeping within the plant, in accordance with SOPs, work instructions, andvGMPs
- Works with Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager to ensure safety and environmental compliance of the Middletown, Delaware facilities with federal, state, and local government regulations
ENSURES QUALITY STANDARDS OF PRODUCTION
- Manages the department’s CAPA processing, validation, process improvements and establishes the department direction for future projects
- Addresses customer complaints by developing short-term and long-termplans to prevent recurring issues
- Reviews and recommends new or enhanced procedures and/or processes to maximize efficiency and to continuously improve quality of product produced
- Establishes procedures consistent with Quality standards
- Creates work instructions that satisfy Quality system requirements
- Works effectively and relates well with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. Exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships
- Flex leadership styles to situation and individuals within the department
- Creates trust and rapport with employees at all levels of the organization
- Balances multiple projects, meets deadlines
- Communicates effectively in an ever changing and fast moving environment Communicates effectively both verbal and written
- Able to provide direction, training and guidance to all direct and indirect reports
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to elements including environmental heat and high heat from moving mechanical parts, small parts may be encountered on the floor, and dust particles may float in the air. Work is done in both office space and in the plant where safety is a critical concern. PPE must be worn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions, provided it does not create an undue hardship on the Company, in accordance with applicable law. Work conditions are those that are present in normal manufacturing environment.
This position requires moving about as much as 95% of the workday in and throughout the assigned production area; frequently walking up and down stairs and the occasional lifting of up to 25 pounds. This position can require occasional squatting, stooping, bending or crouching. Use of computer involves some repetitive motion. Business needs require that the employee in this position work an established 40-hour workweek and on occasion work additional hours outside of the standard schedule. Work is done in the plant where safety is a critical concern. Personal protective equipment must be worn including safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves and/or protection from high noise levels. Wear protective clothing such as a uniform, over suit, hair net, beard cover, etc. must also in designated areas. Workday flexibility. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Required Education and Experience
- MS in Chemical Engineering, or equivalent technical knowledge or experience preferred (5-10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities)
- Experience in a GMP environment Experience in a Chemical based manufacturing facility preferred
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office Word, Excel and Access
- Experience working in environment where Continuous Improvement initiatives are common.
Diverse and Global Working Environment
As a globally operating company, Datwyler offers a broad spectrum of job profiles and career opportunities. We offer ambitious individuals who approach their task with dedication and enthusiasm the right environment to excel and grow. This gives every employee the opportunity to influence the way we work. At Datwyler, we enable our employees to bring their talent to a global context and grow it steadily over time. Our employees are therefore at the very heart of Datwyler – we interact with respect, trust and loyalty. Mutual consideration and appreciation are key.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We Offer a Diverse and Global Working Environment
As a globally operating company, Datwyler offers a broad spectrum of job profiles and c
areer opportunities. We offer ambitious individuals who approach their task with dedication and enthusiasm the right environment to excel and grow. This gives every employee the opportunity to influence the way we work. At Datwyler, we enable our employees to bring their talent to a global context and grow it steadily over time. Our employees are therefore at the very heart of Datwyler – we interact with respect, trust and loyalty. Mutual consideration and appreciation are key.
Location: Middletown, DE
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 01:47:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!