Job title: Manufacturing Supervisor
Company: FHP Manufacturing Company
Job description: Company Description
FHP Manufacturing, located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, is a joint venture between Robert Bosch GmbH (BOSCH Group) and United Technologies Corporation (Carrier). In 2014, the two business giants joined forces resulting in a powerhouse of engineering expertise and manufacturing leadership.
FHP Manufacturing is a leader in the production of geothermal and water source heat pumps, providing some of the most efficient heating and cooling comfort solutions in the industry.
Supervisor responsible for operational leadership of production related personnel and processes (may include some or all of the following: product assembly, bending, brazing, welding, soldering, fastening, testing, packaging, product auditing) in the Manufacturing areas of Florida Heat Pump (FHP Water Source Heat Pumps).
- Lead projects and manufacturing operations team to improve safety, quality, delivery, and cost of manufacturing processes.
- Investigate and solve manufacturing process related problems (i.e. 8Ds, Problem Solving).
- Responsible for the identification, planning, acquisition, and training of new associates to support production requirements.
- Organization and prioritization of tasks and projects for self and direct reports.
- Implement and enforce Lean Principles and Value Stream Management processes: standard work, material flow, ergonomic and operator motion improvements, production efficiency improvements, sustaining 5S standards, comply with Bosch Quality System requirements.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in shop floor leadership with direct reports.
- 2+ years experience in Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong leadership / technical background – leading groups and delegating tasks.
- Effective problem solving skills using proven problem solving methods.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management / planning abilities.
- Good understanding of effective use of manufacturing personnel and equipment.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Welcomes change, and is able to adapt in times of uncertainty
- Must be willing to be a team player, and welcomes feedback,
- Demonstrated experience in product launch and related quality requirements.
- Must be flexible – changing work shifts (days and / or hours)
- Demonstrates discipline and consistency regarding adherence to established standards, policies, and procedures.
This is a night shift role.
You will rely on your manufacturing knowledge and experience to help guide the organization (and occasionally others outside of your scope of responsibility) to improve processes and/or work methods.
You will interact with all levels of our organization. Must be able to see the “big” picture surrounding process &/or product issues, weighing costs and benefits, to pursue those solutions that provide the best outcome for the organization.
This position should be comfortable working as part of a cross-functional team, managing multiple concurrent projects and be able to deal with changing priorities. This individual should also have a desire to continually learn and improve technical and professional skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 00:25:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!