Job title: Manufacturing Warehouse Manager
Company: Lightning eMotors
Job description: Position: Manufacturing Warehouse Manager
Reports to: Sr. Manager Production Planning
Location: Loveland, CO
Compensation: $77,700 to $105,000
The Lightning team works with forward-thinking fleets to engineer, deliver, and manage full transportation electrification solutions, including vehicles, charging, data analysis, and energy infrastructure.
Lightning eMotors designs and manufactures zero-emission all-electric medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, including delivery trucks, shuttle buses, passenger vans, chassis-cab models, and city transit buses. The Lightning products include best-of-class commercial EVs based on leading legacy platforms like the Ford Transit 350HD passenger and cargo vans, Ford E-450 shuttle bus and cutaway models, Ford F-59 step/food van, Ford F-550 cargo trucks and buses, Chevrolet 6500XD Low Cab Forward model, and 30-foot, 35-foot, and 40-foot transit buses.
Why join Us?
Here at Lightning, we focus on innovation, exceeding expectations, collaboration, integrity in our work, and respect for all.
We are a fast-growing, public company which enables us to continue scaling our teams and capabilities while also maintaining our leadership within the commercial electric vehicle market. This is your opportunity to be an integral part of the team, working with like-minded professionals who are dedicated not only to making a difference in our world but also transforming the automotive industry.
About our Headquarters
We are headquartered in the heart of beautiful Northern Colorado!
Loveland is located just 45 minutes north of Denver/DIA; 40 minutes from Boulder; 35 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park/Estes Park; and only 15 minutes from Fort Collins, the home of Colorado State University. Whether you are an art lover, outdoor enthusiast, foodie, wildlife admirer, big-city dreamer, or just want to get away, Loveland is the ideal location; and Lightning eMotors is grateful to be a part of this wonderful city.
Visit us at: to learn more about our organization and living in Colorado!
The Warehouse Manager position is responsible for identifying, developing, and growing Lightning’s manufacturing logistics process starting from receiving at the dock door through material delivery lineside. This position will manage our plant’s logistics and warehouse operations, evaluate past performance data to forecast needs and production scheduling as well as develop strategic plans to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency within the logistics operations. Along with other key responsibilities, this role is responsible for racking/returnables and for understanding the needs required to transport parts properly to prevent damage and ensure cost effectiveness. This position will work with the packaging, production, and the manufacturing engineering teams to ensure materials presented to the line are as efficient as possible.
- Develop total process plan to move parts and finished products throughout the facility efficiently
- Develop, design, and implement logistic flow processes for the manufacturing facility along with subassembly manufacturing locations
- Coordinate all indirect material type shipments required for day-to-day production, arranging and communicating with transportation companies to facilitate all shipments
- Manage ERP and MRP systems to manage parts movements, dispositions, tracking, inventory, etc.
- Establish priorities and manage projects within required timeframes
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering team to define lineside layouts to facilitate speed and performance as well as ensure both material packaging and containers are planned for properly. Ensure packaging is handled properly lineside and ensure all packaging is appropriate for presentation and use
- Coordinate and prioritize requests made by departments to ensure consistency within logistics and distribution as well as monitoring and improvements across the organization
- Work with suppliers to develop and implement required packaging for parts, ensuring parts arrive on-site undamaged
- Serve as organization expert for logistics, packaging, shipping, and distribution support topics
- Other duties as assigned
- Leadership: Ability to guide others and lead them toward meeting desired results. Possess ability to mitigate risks and prevent damage to parts received and parts shipped.
- Problem-solving: Approach problems logically with a logistics centered mindset. Utilize a “hands-on” approach to solving problems related to systems, processes, and part flow/movement.
- Communication: Demonstrated ability to interact respectfully with all colleagues and customers. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are essential along with the ability to listen intently to others. Possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Time management: Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, meet deadlines, remain organized, and focused on work in a manufacturing environment. You should work well under pressure and be able to work independently to meet tight time constraints and inflexible deadlines.
- Safety focused: You should keep safety in the forefront of your mind, demonstrating safe work practices and complying with safety procedures.
What we require: (education, experience, certifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Materials, Manufacturing, Automotive, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial), Supply Chain, Business, or other related field; or equivalent work experience in a directly related role
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of warehouse management, manufacturing logistics, and distribution industry practices
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Demonstrated experience within a logistics design and development environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of flow diagramming and process flow design
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, MRP, and ERP systems
What we prefer: (education, experience, certifications)
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a manufacturing environment, automotive setting highly desired
- 5+ years in a leadership/supervisory role
- Demonstrated experience in automotive packaging and material flow/logistics
Once hired, employees are offered generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Plan (if enrolled in medical plan)
- Paid time off (accrued)
- Paid holidays
- Short and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Lightning eMotors is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, military or veteran status.
Note: Statements included in this description are intended to reflect in general, the duties and responsibilities of this position and are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive.
Powered by JazzHR
Expected salary: $77700 – 105000 per year
Location: Loveland, CO
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 00:52:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!