Job title: Marketing Communications Specialist
Company: NOVA Chemicals.
Job description: Job ID : 1591
Closing Date : 07/21/2022
Job Category : Corporate
Location : Pittsburgh Corporate Admin, NOVA Head Office
Who We Are:
NOVA Chemicals develops and manufactures plastic resins and other petrochemical products that make everyday life safer, healthier and easier. Our employees take pride in our focus on safety and social responsibility by working together to ensure health, safety, security and environmental stewardship through our commitment to sustainability, ESG, and Responsible Care®. NOVA Chemicals, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, is wholly-owned by Mubadala Investment Company of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
NOVA Chemicals helps shape a world where products vital to our health and happiness are even better tomorrow than they are today. We are seeking talented and passionate people who enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative environment to join our dynamic team.
As part of the Communications Team and reporting to the Leader, Communications, the Marketing Specialist role supports the company’s purpose to shape a world where the plastic products vital to our lives are better tomorrow than they are today. This includes promoting NOVA’s circularity and sustainability goals as well as our recycle ready and recycled content products, services, and expertise to our customers and the markets we serve.
This role supports our strategy to be the leading sustainable polyethylene producer in North America by developing and executing a marketing communications strategy in alignment with NOVA’s broader corporate brand & reputation goals. This role manages and oversees the commercial channel tactics and platforms (owned, earned, paid and direct) to achieve business goals and key performance measurements (KPIs).
You Will Use Your Expertise To:
- Engage with Sales, Marketing, Sustainability, Customer Service, Technology, Logistics and Leadership as the focal point for all Polyethylene (PE) customer facing communications
- Define, develop, and implement strategies related to the multi-omni channel ecosystem for product Marketing (e.g.: owned, earned, paid, and direct channels, outlining tactics and touchpoints)
- Develop NOVA’s product-focused promotion strategy in close partnership with NOVA’s corporate communications team members to ensure alignment with the organization’s broader communications plan (including trade and social media); oversees the agency implementing the ongoing tactical plan
- Partner with the External Communications Specialist to develop and interpret channel data and analytics to help identify, influence, and recommend the advancement of new initiatives and channel strategies
- Act as the communication channel expert for any assets exclusive to Marketing and collaborate within the Communications Team to further enhance and develop the broader channel ecosystem
- Drive strategic content planning and development (writing) across all commercial communication channels – outsourcing to vendors when appropriate
- Lead the market focus teams in developing and adapting messaging pillars, while formalizing our thought leadership messaging with a customer-focused voice
- Execute the development of collateral materials and tools to support market managers, technical service specialists and account managers, in alignment with Communications’ Tiered Service Model
- Partner and collaborate with Event Coordinator on trade shows, customer events and forums; assist with identifying strategies for visual and written messaging and execution
- Partner with Communications Services to align the visual/creative direction and execution of branded assets (photo/video/print collateral/digital materials)
What We Are Looking For:
A university graduate with 8+ years related experience and continued professional development OR 12+ years combination of post-secondary education and related experience and continued professional development.
- Ability to understand vision and strategy at the company and business level
- Skilled at effectively responding to changing priorities and demands
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop and implement strategies
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and break down barriers to collaboration and reach agreement or consensus on a course of action with others inside the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and work well with others in cross-functional groups.
- Skilled and comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead through influence
- Willingness to travel
You Can Stand Out If:
- You are passionate about your work and put care and thought into all that you do.
- You are responsible and follow through with your commitments to others and to safety.
- You are innovative and are willing to challenge your biases when problem solving.
- You are collaborative, inclusive, and work well with others towards team goals.
This position may be located at our U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania or NOVA Chemicals Head Office located in Calgary, Alberta.
The NOVA Chemicals U.S. Commercial Center (USCC) is located in Moon Township, Pennsylvania, minutes from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. USCC’s primary focus is on executive leadership, corporate and support functions. Pittsburgh is the second largest city in Pennsylvania.
The NOVA Chemicals Head Office (NHO) is located in Calgary, Alberta. NHO’s primary focus is on feedstock acquisition, infrastructure development, optimizing competitive advantage, marketing and customer relations, and strategic growth prospects. Situated in downtown Calgary, NHO is close to the Rocky Mountains, home to Banff National Park.
- Relocation will NOT be considered for this position
- Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience
- This role requires up to 10% travel
- The successful candidate is required to provide proof of a valid driver’s license
Why NOVA Chemicals?
NOVA Chemicals’ flexible benefit programs are designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees, because when it comes to benefits, everyone has different priorities. Our benefits offerings will vary based on your work location, and are an element of the “Total Rewards” package used to reward employees.
Check Us Out Online:
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram for company news.
- Follow us on LinkedIn and Glassdoor for job updates.
- Read more on our Responsible Care® and sustainability initiatives like Project STOP
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Location: Moon Township, PA
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 06:28:04 GMT
Apply for the job now!