Job title: Marketing Coordinator – Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
Company: University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
Job description: What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
UTHealth Houston Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to support the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences.
In this role, the Marketing Coordinator will:
- Assist with department website edits as needed -assist with social media posts and you tube channel
- Assist with creating brochures, clinical flyers, program packets, and outreach material
- Assist with maintaining job posts for department
- Assist programs with editing and management of webpages as needed
- Assist with continuing medical education (CME) events
- Assist with internal and external conferences
- Assist to coordinate speakers for lectures
Position Type: Full Time / Salaried / Non-Exempt
Location: Behavioral and Biomedical Services @ 1941 East Road, Houston, TX 77054
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
- 100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
- Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
- The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
- Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
- Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
- Free financial and legal counseling
- Free mental health counseling services
- Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
- Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
- Resources for child and elder care
- Plus many more!
Responsible for coordination and project management of design, marketing, communications, and branding; and initiatives with various university departments and teams plus external vendors, constituents, and partners.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Coordinates project workflow, timelines, and daily operation processes. Traffics and manages multiple creative, communications, and event projects. Responsible for developing and implementing project approval processes and tools.
2. Develops, assists with, and updates branding, identity, marketing promotional tools/merchandise, the UTHealth licensing program, and communications for print and web.
3. Facilitates design and communication project requests with internal clients.
4. Assists with regulating university logo and identity usage and adherence to UTHealth brand standards.
5. Works with vendors on printing, fabrication, and signage projects. Writes specifications and coordinates timelines for delivery of finished products. Requests, gathers, and reviews vendor estimates.
6. Assists with design production, photo/image editing, and document layout/editing.
7. Assists with in-house printing and production of small run jobs.
8. Writes and/or edits and proofs copy for promotional, event, and collateral materials as needed.
9. Supports, coordinates, and makes shared resources and platforms accessible; helps train other
users in proficiency.
10. Coordinates community outreach activities and projects which could include: scheduling speakers for community events and/or community speaking engagements; supporting and coordinating universitywide community outreach programs and events.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office required.
Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Macintosh OSX preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or other related occupational field.
Two (2) years of experience required in branding, marketing, writing, communication arts, and/or graphic design.
Experience preferred in project trafficking or project management at an advertising agency, design firm,
or related in-house department.
Experience preferred with implementing and/or promoting institutional or corporate brand standards and brand/identity systems management and engagement programs.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
If you are looking for a great healthcare career in Houston, visit !
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth)
Established in 1972 by The University of Texas System Board of Regents, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth) is Houston’s Health University and Texas’ resource for health care education, innovation, scientific discovery and excellence in patient care. The most comprehensive academic health center in the UT System and the U.S. Gulf Coast region, UTHealth is home to schools of biomedical informatics, biomedical sciences, dentistry, nursing and public health and the John P. and Kathrine G. McGovern Medical School. UTHealth includes The University of Texas Harris County Psychiatric Center, as well as the growing clinical practices UT Physicians, UT Dentists and UT Health Services. The university’s primary teaching hospitals are Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital and Harris Health Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital.
UTHealth offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. For more information on our benefits programs please refer to the UTHealth Office of Benefits Website.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
UTHealth is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. Reasonable accommodation, based on disability or religious observances, will be considered in accordance with applicable law and UTHealth policy. The University maintains affirmative action programs with respect to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and eligible veterans in accordance with applicable law.
UTHealth has adopted a policy consistent with CMS regulations to protect our patients and university community from exposure to COVID-19. This policy affects all employees, residents, fellows, students, contractors, new hires, visiting scholars program participants, adjunct faculty, and volunteers who work, train, or collaborate at the John S. Dunn Behavioral Science Center.
In addition, all UTHealth employees who are assigned to work at a location that is subject to the affiliated partner’s hospital, clinical offices, or agency are required to abide by UTHealth’s rules and regulations, as well as the affiliate’s rules and regulations, including COVID-19 vaccination and safety requirements.
Location: Houston, TX
Job date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 23:33:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!