Job title: Media Planner (Advertising)
Company: Daniel Brian Advertising
Job description: Summary
The primary responsibilities of the Media Planner will include media research, media planning, maintenance of plans and various reports, as well as digital metric analytics. The selected candidate will work closely with the Account team, Media Director and the media buying group.
- With the direction of the Director of Media manage and develop media plans, including Broadcast TV, Cable, Print, Out of Home, and all Digital (desktop, mobile, tablet).
- Vigorously review all work to ensure high quality standard.
- Handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Gathers statistics and prepares media plans with directives to guide buying process.
- Studies demographic data and consumer profiles to identify desired target audiences.
- Implements the process and assists with the management of the strategic and tactical execution of all media products for Clients.
- Confers with Director of Media, Account Services, and clients to establish media objectives and strategies for advertising campaigns.
- Implements the management of daily tasks in support of the media products and services.
- Evaluates composition, advantages/disadvantages of a wide range of media vehicles to determine which would most effectively reach the target audience.
- Calculates reach and frequency of potential media vehicles.
- Presents media plans to Director of Media, Account Services and/or Client for approval and make adjustments as necessary.
- Keep current on media trends and provide the team with an overview on changing media landscape.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Client’s business.
Competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities)
- Must have experience using Mediatools.
- Must be experienced in using media research tools, such as, Prime Lingo (Scarborough), Experian-Simmons, MRI, ComScore and Google Analytics
- Must be able to plan and demonstrate knowledge of digital media: Internet Display, Mobile and Social Media
- Must be able to plan and demonstrate knowledge of traditional media types such as: Broadcast Television, Cable, Radio, Print and Out-of-Home (Billboards and Transit)
- High level of proficiency required in Excel and PowerPoint/Keynote
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in Business, Advertising, Communications, and Statistics preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrated media planning experience working in an advertising agency setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- Previous planning experience in the Financial, Healthcare, Quick Service Restaurant or Retail categories preferred
- Google AdWord certification highly preferred
Location: Rochester, MI
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 22:40:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!