Job title: Medical Education Program Professional III
Company: University of Arizona
Job description: Medical Education Program Professional III
Posting Number req10868
Department Website Link https://deptmedicine.arizona.edu/
Location UAHS – Tucson
Address 1501 N. Campbell Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA
Position Highlights The Medical Education Program Professional III is responsible for overseeing the administrative operations of the Medicine Residency Program. The successful candidate will develop, coordinate, and implement medical residency programming, simulation training and related programs. The incumbent will work to develop new approaches, methods or techniques and work to influence others within and outside of the job function. This position reports to the Residency Program Manager and Program Director.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please .
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide feedback on LCME accreditation process and institutional requirements.
- Prepare accreditation documents and annual reports, including collecting and compiling data.
- Create, interpret, and communicate residency policies, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Prepare and maintain residency program manual.
- Coordinate the residency program’s recruitment activities, medical resident events, orientation and graduation.
- Coordinate faculty advisory and mentor programs.
- Serve as the Department of Medicine program liaison with faculty, staff, hospital personnel, chief residents, GME, department chairs.
- Implement and maintain program information in data bases and accreditation tracking systems.
- Facilitate, perform medical roles, and instruct medical simulation based training sessions.
- Develop and prepare medical simulation curriculum that meets accreditation standards.
- Implement and maintain program information in New Innovations data base system.
- Advise and interpret requirements for program manager to enable faculty and staff to appropriately manage situations.
- Manage multiple projects requiring detailed and thorough knowledge of the LCME accreditation process.
- Handle, evaluate and interpret problems using unique approaches.
- Maintain electronic records.
- Weekly spot check review of duty hours-email trainees with violations.
- Monthly reminder to residents to enter scholarly activities.
- Investigate array of electronic and telephonic inquiries.
- Assist with organizing files for recruitment, update and download ERAS, create weekly PPT debriefing, maintain âall interviewed” database.
- Prep semi-annual and annual portfolios: Mid and EOY evaluations.
- Assist with orientation planning, preparation, execution.
- Document preparation for internal reviews.
- Work on evaluation matching.
- Coordinate visiting resident applications for Department of Medicine.
- Coordinate away electives for Internal Medicine trainees.
- Enter resident rotation schedule in NI and run gap reports.
- Update resident personnel info.
- Enter and monitor conference attendance.
- Assist with events including room reservations.
- Assist with graduation planning, print Internal Medicine award certificates.
- Prepare summative letters, check for promotion/graduation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience is required.
Preferred Qualifications *Previous experience with Residency Programs.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week 40
Job FTE 1.0
Work Calendar Fiscal
Job Category Academic Administration
Benefits Eligible Yes – Full Benefits
Rate of Pay $53,463 – $58,000
Compensation Type salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Career Stream and Level PC3
Job Family Med Education Prgm
Job Function Academic Administration
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies 1
Target Hire Date
Expected End Date
Contact Information for Candidates Cynthia Campas | [email protected]
Open Date 7/8/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Documents Needed to Apply Resume and Cover Letter
Special Instructions to Applicant Please be prepared to provide 3 professional references if invited to interview.
Diversity Statement At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
Expected salary: $53463 – 58000 per year
Location: Tucson, AZ
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 23:26:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!