Job title: Medical Science Liaison – Urology – West US
Company: Myriad Genetics, Inc
Job description: Location: Salt Lake City, UT, United States
Job Identification: 2346
Job Schedule: Full time
Medical Science Liaison, Urology Products
Myriad Urology seeks a motivated and experienced biotechnology professional to play an integral role in the continued development of their urology genetic and genomic products. The Urology Medical Science Liaison is involved with product growth and development by maintaining and enhancing the clinical excellence of Myriad Urology products. This role in the Medical Affairs department works consistently across multiple departments to apply clinical and scientific expertise to lead and implement initiatives designed to improve and differentiate the company’s germline genetic testing, prostate cancer prognostic and other products. A successful candidate has clinical, commercial/field, industry, and scientific expertise in Urology, Prostate Cancer, and molecular testing. A successful candidate should possess knowledge of genetics and genomics; keen awareness of providers’ motivations and needs; knowledge of competitors’ product offerings; and will actively participate in the strategy for successful future directions of all urologic products. Candidates should have the ability to develop excellent working relationships with multidisciplinary teams, internal and external collaborators, and KOLs. The MSL will contribute expertise and consensus-build for the success of the products, thrive on multi-tasking, and work within a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines, in addition to having an innovative spirit.
What you’ll do
- Partner to develop and implement clinical strategy for ongoing urology product innovation informed by commercial needs, scientific capabilities, and the current customer landscape
- Develop and lead cross-functional initiatives to drive clinically-focused differentiation of genetic and genomic products, including product improvements, enhanced workflow solutions, and clinical reporting updates
- Collaborate closely with Marketing efforts to position our products for success with HCP customers and consumers
- Work closely with R&D to assess capabilities of current and future platforms in addition to options for additional urology product improvements
- Identify and collaboratively implement mechanisms with Marketing and Commercial teams to collect and maintain awareness of customer needs informing future urology clinical product features and prioritization
- Identify scientific evidence gaps and partner with R&D to develop research studies to support professional guideline changes, provider adoption, and appropriate reimbursement for urology products
- Partner with R&D and Clinical Development colleagues to develop clinically focused abstracts, manuscript generation, etc. for medical and scientific conference presentations and journal submissions on urology products and research
- Lend expertise to the clinical field team, Managed Markets, Commercial, and other departments needing deep knowledge of Myriad’s urology products
- Collaborate on protocol development, provider educational opportunities, and other interactions with KOLs
- Assess need for urology-focused advisory boards and execute on advisory board initiatives when appropriate
- In collaboration with Medical Affairs leadership, maintain established KOL relationships, develop new KOL relationships, and interact with KOLs to execute on professional guideline strategy
- Serve as a key project team member on multiple cross-functional projects, often with high visibility within the organization
- Collaborate extensively across the organization to align strategies and execute tactical plans regarding urology products
Reporting to: General Manager, Myriad Urology Business Unit
Location: Remote, US
- Advanced degree (Master’s degree or higher) with at least 5 years’ experience in genetics; laboratory and/or industry experience required; field and scientific experience preferred. Urology required
- Advanced Practice Provider preferred
- Demonstrated success in complex project management and proven track record of effectively managing multiple projects/priorities
- Experience in supporting and managing key strategic medical and/or commercial-focused initiatives
- Prior successful experience working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- Experience developing and implementing product strategy
- Well-versed in scientific literature, professional guidelines, and other sources of information related to Myriad’s products
- Knowledge of Myriad’s products and associated market dynamics, including current and future offerings in the field, and keen awareness of customer and patient needs
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of disciplines
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Job date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 07:07:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!