Job title: Mgr Software Engineering / Technical Manager Java – Remote
Job description: Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Meet the Team
At Staples our Digital Solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, Agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners, and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services. If you want to be on the front lines, driving one of the greatest technology transformations of the 21st Century, you should join our team!
Staples’ Order Management and Supply Chain Systems team enables scalable, efficient, and intelligent order and delivery solutions, and exceptional customer experience through our expertise in business domains and technologies. We are currently taking a platform re-engineering approach to consolidate, modernize, and simplify legacy applications by standardizing interfaces, building micro-services, and/or integrating with 3rd party software that’ll effectively reduce tech debt and vendor footprint, and improve time to market and service levels.
We are looking for dedicated engineering manager to help building our new Last Mile Platform from the ground up. The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, deploying and scaling solutions. You are deeply interested in product design and innovate relentlessly. You will be responsible for hiring and leading a team of Software/Data/ML/Applied engineers responsible for building high performing applications that interact with large scale distributed systems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a team of very technical engineers working on a complex distributed platform.
- Promote and instill best practices in Software engineering development.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team members, holding regular career path conversations with clear success criteria.
- Ensure design meets requirement and deliver high quality work on tight schedules.
- Instill best practices in recruiting, interviewing, and mentoring excellent team of engineers
- Plan and complete software development projects within and across teams, being accountable for the execution, quality, and service reliability of the team using strong.
- Work closely with product management teams and fellow engineering leaders to handle priorities and lead the development roadmap.
What you bring to the table
You are deeply interested in product design and innovate relentlessly. You are hands-on, producing high-level architecture designs, building and operating services at scale / Java environment. You love and are passionate in bringing best practices in hiring and leading a team of Software Engineers responsible for building high performing applications that interact with large scale distributed systems.
What’s needed- Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional software engineering experience, including managing and leading staff / team
- Excellent programming and high-level architectureal design skills and computer science fundamentals (Java, OO Design, data structures & algorithms)
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong diagnostic, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building applications on one or more public Cloud Platform (e.g. Azure, AWS)
- Experience designing and implementing highly reliable, fault-tolerant distributed applications with focus on low-latency and scale
- Experience with maintaining software products throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Understanding of operating distributed data systems at scale.
- Demonstrated success in design large scale big data systems that perform complex event processing
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Location: Massachusetts – Texas
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 03:20:15 GMT
Apply for the job now!