Job title: Multimedia Technologist for Information Systems and Technology – Georgetown University Law Center
Company: Georgetown University
Job description: Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation’s capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.
Multimedia Technologist for Information Systems and Technology – Georgetown University Law Center
The Multimedia Technologist is a member of the Georgetown University Law Center’s Information Systems and Technology audiovisual and instructional technology groups; and serves as the main weekend technician for academic technologies and IAT related classroom support. They have duties that include but are not limited to:
- Record and edit daily lectures for online courses, both synchronous and asynchronous using both lecture capture, streaming and video conferencing software
- Provide support and training to instructors on best practices when creating video recordings in various environments
- Support faculty and staff with video conferencing for all Law Center classroom and non-classroom activities
- Work with software tools to edit or enhance media- Knowledge of Adobe suite is a plus
- Assist with curation and organization of media housed in lecture capture software
- Troubleshoot issues with Law Center classrooms related to classroom software or hardware, repairing when necessary
The Multimedia Technologist interacts with VIP guests, including Senators, Congressmen and Judges; as well as Georgetown members – Deans, faculty, staff, students, administration, alumni, public relations, Office of Development, Law Library faculty and staff, and Department of Public Safety; and with external colleagues – press, vendors and other outside clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (consideration will be given for equivalent work experience) or 5 years of video production and media encoding experience, preferably in an educational setting
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac environments
- Familiarity with cloud storage
Familiarity with ticketing systems, tracking and answering help tickets * Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain an excellent level of customer service with faculty, staff and students
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and work from ladders and scaffolding
- Working knowledge of safety equipment: gloves, eye and ear protection, etc.
- Willingness and availability to work flexible hours and overtime
Work Hours: Monday through Wednesday from 12:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., with flexibility throughout the week and weekend based on staffing needs because weekend hours may lessen depending on semester schedule.
Work Mode: On Campus. Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position’s mode of work designation. Complete details about Georgetown University’s mode of work designations for staff and AAP positions can be found on the Department of Human Resources .
Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS ( ) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or .
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown’s commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works .
Georgetown University is an fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic .
Georgetown University offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, retirement savings, tuition assistance, work-life balance benefits, employee discounts and an array of voluntary insurance options. You can learn more about benefits and eligibility on the .
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements:
The Georgetown University community is committed to our public health approach and the important role that vaccines play in contributing to the safety of our University and our broader communities. Georgetown University requires students, faculty, staff and visitors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to have received a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot when eligible, or to have an approved medical or religious exemption. This requirement applies to all faculty and staff, including teleworking employees. Complete details and updates can be found in the .
Job date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 07:01:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!