Job title: Network and Telecommunication – Journey
Company: Washington State
Job description: Description
Bring your talent to the Gambling Commission and help us move forward in modernizing our network & telecommunication infrastructure systems and be a valuable IT team member. If you are looking for change, challenge, and opportunity, apply today!
Who We Are:
The is a state accredited, limited-jurisdiction law enforcement agency whose mission is to protect the public by ensuring that gambling is legal and honest. We license and regulates an estimated $3.5 billion gambling industry comprised of Tribal, commercial, and nonprofit businesses.
Why Join Our Team
Our employees are our most important asset, and we are looking for highly talented individuals to join our team. When asked to provide a few words to describe our agency, our employees used these:
- Flexible * Supportive * Family Oriented * Variety * Teamwork
- Fun * Unique * Collaborative * Professional * Work-life Balance
- Strong Sense of Community * People First * Opportunities to learn
About the Opportunity
This Network & Telecommunications professional is the agency’s leader in the knowledge base and the highest-level technical resource for network infrastructure and telecommunications, as well as system administration. This will require advance knowledge and the ability to work independently.
The position is responsible for:
- Independently leading, directing, developing, and implementing secure and resilient network design solutions for the agency’s local and wide area networks.
- Developing, planning, installing, and maintaining telecommunication systems; defining and coordinating processes and procedures to support IT operations.
- Assisting and evaluating in the acquisition, inventory, repair and disposition of IT hardware and software.
- Management and administration of Office 365 based services and other cloud technologies.
Some of what you will do:
- Design, monitor, maintain, and fix the day-to-day operations of the agency’s computer system network.
- Determine appropriate network software systems that support agency requirements.
- Install, inspect, secure, and troubleshoot networked computers; monitor for internal and external threats.
- Configure and maintain security devices to ensure the safety of the agency’s software systems, and data.
- Perform disaster recovery operations; protect data, software, and hardware from attacks, replace faulty network hardware components when necessary.
- Serve as project lead for agency-wide integration of new routing and switching hardware and configuration enhancement.
- Partner with WaTech and/or other partners with provisioning and troubleshooting network related services in all WSGC locations including HQ, field offices and satellite locations.
- Establish voice and data networks by programming features, establishing interfaces, and integrations.
- Verify services by testing and reprogramming circuits, equipment, and alarms.
- Procure and support agency purchased cell phones and devices.
- Management of mobile devices, agency endpoints such as cellphones, computers, and other devices.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Network & Telecommunications professional who can help modernize our network & telecommunication infrastructure and be a valuable IT team member; successfully oversee the daily operations of enterprise systems; conduct capacity planning to determine organization-wide network and telecommunication needs; evaluate new products, document characteristics, and make recommendations; develop and implement project plans and design agency systems; identify and resolve operational problems, analyze recovery scenarios, and develop on-site back-up requirements.
Associate degree or equivalent two years of vocational training in Information Technology with six years IT
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field with 4 years IT experience.
Eight years of IT experience in consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer network management software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of networking and telecommunication protocols and services, server hardware and operating systems.
- In depth understanding of IP routing technologies, network layers 1-4, security technologies such as firewalls, proxy services, and network application load balancing, DNS, Active Directory Services, DHCP etc.
- Professional IT network certification such as Network+, Security+, or similar certification (CISSP, CompTia, Cisco etc.)
- Scripting knowledge (PowerShell), experience in working on Active Directory Group policy, securing network and infrastructure, knowledge of operating systems, Window & Linux
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 state employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note that any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing verification of your vaccine status, having an approved medical accommodation, or having an approved religious accommodation. No start date will be approved until you have either verified your vaccine status or have an approved accommodation.
The WSGC is a licensing, regulatory and law enforcement agency. Therefore, applicants must be willing to undergo and be able to pass an extensive background investigation, which includes a criminal history check, credit check and fingerprinting. Applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the background investigation. Information obtained from background checks will not necessarily preclude employment.
The information provided in your application must support your supplemental questionnaire responses. To be considered for this opportunity, please submit:
- A completed online application which includes current phone numbers and email addresses for at least three professional references.
- A completed Supplemental Questionnaire where all questions are fully answered. Provide detailed responses to each question.
- A resume
Other Important Information:
While application review will be ongoing, first review of applications will began on June 29th. It is in your best interest to apply for this position sooner rather than later as the hiring manager may close this job posting at any time once there is a sufficient candidate pool.
The Washington State Gambling Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternative format should provide contact information via email to . Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call the Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
For questions regarding this recruitment announcement, email us at or call (360) 486-3459.
Expected salary: $73848 – 96888 per year
Location: Thurston County, WA – Lacey, WA
Job date: Fri, 17 Jun 2022 23:12:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!