Job title: Night Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic
Job description: Rousselot is one of the world’s leading producers of gelatin and is a recognized partner in the pharmaceutical and food industries.
Rousselot’s Maintenance team has a opening for a Night Shift Manufacturing Mechanic. The primary purpose of this position is to set up and operate a variety of machine tools; fit and assemble parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines by performing the following duties.
- Uses mechanical skills to repair production equipment
- Ability to diagnose mechanical problems
- Disassemble, repair/replace, and reassemble components
- Understands bearings and proper bearings selection
- Corrects visible run-out balancing of shafts and pumps
- Demonstrates knowledge of use and lubricants
- Demonstrates knowledge and the proper use of machine shop equipment
- Demonstrates the ability to install piping systems of a variety of methods: stainless, sanitary, PVC, copper, iron
- Understand theory of fluid dynamics
- Working knowledge of a mechanical system
- The demonstrated ability to read and interpret trade specific construction drawings/prints (P&ID mechanical, process flow diagrams, one-line etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems to identify root cause and take appropriate corrective action
- Communicates the status of equipment to operations and maintenance personnel
- Implement and coordinate the repair of process equipment
- Investigate parts needed for repair and order as needed
- Actively supports, improves PM/TPM programs
- Recommend and improve capital projects for maintainability
- Recommends critical spare parts needed to maintain equipment
- Available by phone 24 hours a day and available for emergency overtime
Additional Duties Assigned:
- Welds metal components together with brazing and a variety of arc and gas welding equipment to fabricate or repair products such as machine parts and plant equipment
- Ability to use a variety of gas/arc welding methods; TIG, MIG, Stick & Sanitary
Expected Hours of Work
The Rousselot plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Hours are night shift (12 hours) 6:00 pm to 6:00 am, 3 days on / 3 days off ($2.24/hr night differential offered), Full-Time + OT. Weekend and holiday availability is a requirement for this position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3 years Industrial Maintenance Mechanic experience
- Mechanical skills are necessary
- Valid Drivers License
Preferred Education and Experience
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Food Manufacturing Experience
- Trade school education
- Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled and certified welder: ability to use a variety of gas/arc welding methods; TIG, MIG, Stick & Sanitary
Why do our team members work at Rousselot?
- We pride ourselves on offering competitive pay and a full benefit package for our team.
- Easy commute! Rousselot is North of Boston in downtown Peabody on the North Shore.
- Great community of team members
- Superior Benefit Packages Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Match & Safe Harbor 401(k)
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Generous Vacation and Sick Time Benefits
- Longevity The Peabody Plant has been in business for over 200 years!
- Rousselot invests in team member’s continued education, licenses and career advancements
Growth and Advancement opportunities available for qualified employees interested in furthering their education in the trades.
Rousselot / Darling Ingredients is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser:
Expected salary: $29 – 39 per hour
Location: Peabody, MA
Job date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 02:09:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!