Job title: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – OUTPATIENT PEDIATRIC THERAPY – FT DAYS
Company: TMC Bonham Hospital
Job description: Job Description:
Northwest Texas Healthcare System is a 495 bed system serving the city of Amarillo and the surrounding region. We offer the ideal combination of traditional values and the most advanced technologies in healthcare, plus the conveniences of big city living in a friendly, smaller-town atmosphere. From the beauty of Palo Duro Canyon and great recreational facilities, to our quality educational system, Amarillo is a great place to live and work.
A hospital is only as good as its employees. That’s why we’re looking for professionals who are dedicated and passionate about their work. We’re looking for employees who can add to our culture of exemplary patient care and personal excellence. We’re looking for exceptional professionals who share our vision and values.
Visit us online at:
Position: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST – FT – DAYS
- Performs patient assessment
- Establishes plan of care
- Provides care in accordance with physicians’ orders and established plan of care
- Assesses educational needs of the patient, family, care giver or significant other and provides education to meet those needs
- Plans for discharge
- Communicates with patient, family, care givers, significant others and members of the healthcare team to promote maximum benefit of care
- Assesses the effectiveness of the treatment given and modifies treatment to achieve goals
- Assists the coordinator in the coordination and integration of Occupational Therapy into inter-departmental and intra-departmental services
- Exhibits effective leadership skills through planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating departmental functions in relation to the UHS and the NWTHS vision, mission, strategic goals and values and in accordance with JCAHO’s leadership standards
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation and Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Retention Bonus Program
- Loan forgiveness Program
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were $11.6 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; in 2020, ranked #281 on the Fortune 500; and listed #330 in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has 89,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates 26 acute care hospitals, 334 behavioral health facilities, 39 outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located in 38 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom.
Education, Training, Experience and Licenses/Registrations Required:
- Current state licensure as an Occupational Therapist
- BLS from the American Heart Association (or obtained during orientation) and maintain certification throughout employment
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and converse in English
- Ability to communicate with patients, families, staff, physicians, support agencies, vendors and others
- Ability to evaluate and interpret information and make independent decisions
- Ability to respond to pages
- Ability to lift and transfer patients exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds frequently
- Ability to tolerate prolonged walking, standing and/or sitting
- Has sensory skills to differentiate clinical signs and symptoms
- Ability to remain calm and composed under stress, including emergency response to patient incidents
Northwest Texas Healthcare System, a subsidiary of UHS, is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.
Location: Amarillo, TX
Job date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 02:30:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!